WiFi and data question

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi All.
Will the LGG2 know when I am at my home using wife and turn off data, or do I have to do it manually? I have been turning it off when I get home so both wifi and data don't run. Should I not do this? Thanks

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
When you configure the phone the fist time after you bough it, you are asked about WIFI selection on the phone screen, you select your Home WIFI, of course, enter the password and that's it's. You go out of your home and when you're back to it you are connected to your Home WIFI. Just don't turn off the Home WIFI as soon you're out of your home.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. So this means that the wifi is being used and not my ATT data?

It might be a touch complicated but try using tasker with the locale plugin it takes a bit of practice but you'll get the hang of it :)

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So this means that the wifi is being used and not my ATT data?

Yes, at your house when you're connected to your Home WIFI. When you're out of your home is AT&T data time. Remember with the G2 stock go to settings, WIFI, mark the searching for WIFI connection, and if there are an open not password connection you are in, not AT&T data time. ? check out the screen shot ? You can go to Google Play Store, my apps, AT&T WIFI, once installed you got connection with those that are not password-protected and then you are in, not AT&T data time. ? check out the screen shot ? Well you know, both are going to keep alerting or notify you all time. So if you want to have peace of mind just downloaded videos and photos in your home. I got AT&T data plan 3GB and trust me you can send as many emails you want, but if you began downloading videos or photos those 3GB are going to be finished and then AT&T will uploaded 1GB for $10.00. Let's said you're out of home, then you go for a cup of coffee at your favorite place, ask for the WIFI password of that place. I always do that so I am WIFI covered must of time. uploadfromtaptalk1388960123401.jpguploadfromtaptalk1388960149413.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk