pop up notifications?

maulpauh

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I switched from IPhone to Android with the purchase of the G2. I love the G2 but I cannot figure out how to get pop up notifications of new texts, calendar alerts, etc. I really relied on this on my IPhone whether using the phone at the time of notification or when I wake up the phone from sleep mode. I went by an AT&T store and the guy there could not figure this out either.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you're saying the notifications appearing in the notification bar (which you can then swipe down to see them in detail) isn't adequate for you? There are a lot of 3rd party popup notification apps that you can try in Google Play. For example, here's one: Popup Notifier Free

To find more, simply Google something like "Android popup notification," and look for apps that it finds in the Play Store.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I switched from IPhone to Android with the purchase of the G2. I love the G2 but I cannot figure out how to get pop up notifications of new texts, calendar alerts, etc. I really relied on this on my IPhone whether using the phone at the time of notification or when I wake up the phone from sleep mode. I went by an AT&T store and the guy there could not figure this out either.

Posted via Android Central App

Menu > Settings > check Notifications > check New Message Pop-Up

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
This works for the AT&T version.

Open messaging app > menu > settings > notifications > new message pop-up

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
The OP was looking for more than messaging pou-ups. Will doing what you say make calendar alerts, etc. happen?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The OP was looking for more than messaging pou-ups. Will doing what you say make calendar alerts, etc. happen?

This only enables pop-up notifications for the LG messaging app. Other pop-up notifications would have to be turned on within specific apps such as Google calendar.

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
This only enables pop-up notifications for the LG messaging app. Other pop-up notifications would have to be turned on within specific apps such as Google calendar.

Thanks for clearing that up, as it was, anyone in the OP's position would of gone thru a lot of confusing bs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7