AT&T LG G2: Can't send or receive MMS since update

dshellhart

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. New here and I need some help. I am pretty much ready to throw my phone in the middle of the road!

I updated my phone to 4.4 last Sunday. Since the update I can't send or receive pictures (I use the default message app). I get an error every time that says "can not attach file". If someone sends me a picture I get the grey broken picture icon. I took it to AT&T today and they made me do a factory reset and the pics worked for about an hour, but now the same errors. My husband updated his phone tonight because we were trying to figure out if I had a corrupt app on my phone or if it had to do with the update. His phone now does the same thing and will not send/receive pics through texts.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Our phones are not rooted....just factory phones.

Thanks,
DS

Last edited by a moderator:

unike313

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't send or receive MMS since update

Same problem. Do a hard reset, works for an hour, then nothing.

Posted via Android Central App

Dee Lee

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Your phone have to be be rooted in order to run the Official 4.4.2 mms to work. If you need more instruction I can send you the link how to do it.

dshellhart

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

Okay. I have to ask. Why would LG/Android release an update that requires you to root your phone in order to use a standard app that comes on the phone that has worked just fine since the phone was released. That doesn't make sense to me?

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Here a forum that might shine alittle light to mms issue. Good Luck.

[Q] LG G2 Straight Talk MMS Issue After Kit Kat Update - xda-developers
I think you are mixing things up. The OP is on AT&T not Straight Talk AT&T. The problem is only with Straight Talk as far as I know. But now they have a work around on XDA to be rooted with custom recovery on KitKat. And now they even have a beta for using xposed with KK. I am on ST AT&T,rooted with custom recovery running KK and with working xposed.

dshellhart

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Not just straight talk. I am on AT&T monthly through AT& T

I emailed LG. They said its not a known problem and they are not working to fix anything. Said that we would have to send our phones to their repair facility at OUR cost.

THIS IS NOT GOOD. AT ALL.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You are on AT&T monthly or go phone? I really don't know why you are having trouble. When I flashed the regular kk update and rebooted it already had the AT&T apn settings already entered but since I am on ST I had to enter the ST apn myself. But since the KK update you can not enter the apn type. That's why I had to downgrade back to rootable firmware,root the phone,add custom recovery and flash the patched KK firmware. It can be a PITA but everything works fine. Sorry to hear you're having problems

Ditey1

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, wonder what could be the cause? I, also, have AT&T & don't have any problems with sending & receiving pics with texts or emailing pics using the built in app. Have noticed that I have to use data in order to send & receive the pics. Does not seem to work on WiFi. But then again, had to do that before the update to KitKat.

nrm777

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I as well have the LG G2 and since I got it back in November, I randomly can't receive pictures. I get the same "broken picture" icon. I thought it was just random. But, in the last week, since the update, I have noticed it more and more. The funny thing, it comes to me as a broken picture. However, I forwarded one to my friends iPhone, and the image showed up as it was intended. If you or anyone finds a solution to this problem, I would love to know. As far as I know, the pictures I send get to the recipient without problem. It just seems to be when I am receiving pictures. (And it isn't from everyone, but it is more often than it was before the update.)

emmaraesin

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The SAME thing happend to me after the update! I really haven't had any issues with this phone since I got it either, but this is just not fun. I can't receive any photos people send me, or see the one I try to send them. Just a "broken photo" icon. Kind of frustrating :/

dshellhart

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Well. AT&T is sending us new phones. No clue how that is going to help. Replacing a G2 with a G2 but that is their answer so far. I guess we will see if the new phones do the same thing?

dshellhart

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Well. The new phones have the same issue. According to ATT this is a software problem and there is no fixing it. They are replacing our G2s with Samsung S4s or Iphone 5s. We can choose. So annoyed and irritated.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well. The new phones have the same issue. According to ATT this is a software problem and there is no fixing it. They are replacing our G2s with Samsung S4s or Iphone 5s. We can choose. So annoyed and irritated.

My LG G2 runs stock at AT&T. Since official AT&T Kit Kat upgrade via OTA my phone knock on screen is dead, apps not open at Google Play Store unless I use the zoom. I don't have problems with the SMS, sending and receiving photos via email or text message. In my opinion Kit Kat upgrade kills one way or another the regular functions of LG G2 phones. Before I upgrade to Kit Kat never a problem with my G2, now the screen goes just crazy. I bought my G2 on September 2013 at AT&T for the amount of $540.00, now I'm going to make a decision toward what phone I'm going to buy. My intention was as soon LG G3 arrives at AT&T go for it but now I'm not so sure if its a correct decision. I hope LG answer all this after Kit Kat issues with a fix, if not maybe its time for a goodbye for LG phones. I think that upgrades on Google Android Platform its a must for us android phones users, but is bad that the flagship phone of LG just broke with an Android upgrade.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

BecksterBeck

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
My AT&T LG G2 updated to the new Kit Kat today (I wasn't going to do it because of the problems), and the first text that came through after the update, broken picture. That has never happened in the month that I've had the phone.

sarahnovo2

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a rooted unlocked Sprint lg g2 using at&t sim for straight talk.
Every apn i tried i still can not receive or send mms.
Can please someone help/guide me in the right direction. Im going crazy.

I work with animals so please talk to me like i have no idea about phones bc i really dont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37