Unlocked AT&T G2

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm trading my Nexus 5 for an at&t LG g2 will it work on tmobile once unlocked?

Posted via Android Central App

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Been using one for a month or so and get the same, if not better reception and LTE speeds as any other T-Mobile phone I've ever owned.

Posted via the Android Central App

snowbell60

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Do the unlocked phones receive an OS upgrade ? For e.g. if I bought an AT&T unlocked phone online, would I get an update through AT&T ?

jwol

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I've tried three different upgrade tools. The one that's built into the phone, the pc suite and the mobile support tool. They all claim that I have the latest version. D80020y... I'm pretty sure that's not the latest.

Any answers without rooting?

jwol

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Please let me know if this method works.
I have less than 10 posts so I can't post links (so try #2 on this post).
This is for the unlocked D80020y version (although I don't think it matters if it's D800, D801 or D802). I'm particularly interested in the results of this working for D800 unlocked phones on T-mobile.
Make sure you factory reset and once you're reset, you are on Kitkat. This method should update you to Lollipop.
There's no rooting involved but still try at your own risk.
Google LG PC Suite, LG G2 USB Drivers, LG Mobile Update Tool (B2CAppSetup.exe).
Download directly from LG.
Try updating the regular way with PC Suite. Make sure the phone is connected via USB first and PC Suite is selected on the device.
Only one of the PC Suite and Mobile Update Tool can run at a time.
If it doesn't update regularly on PC Suite, try "Mobile device" - > "Upgrade errors"
It should download a 1GB+ file that has 5.0.2 Lollipop.

If that doesn't work close PC Suite and run the Mobile Update Tool.
Run it as a regular update.
If that doesn't work try "Options" - > "Upgrade recovery"

That last method worked for me even though when I ran it as a regular update, it said there was an update available and then it disappeared and told me my phone was up to date. The PC Suite had told me that the phone wasn't even eligible to get an update or something of that nature.

Please let me know if this works, especially for those of you trying to use T-mobile on an unlocked D800. If you're planning to use any other carrier, try it as well.
You can save about $44 if this works since there's unlocked D800's available for $190. I ended up spending way more because I didn't try this method out.

Try at your own risk obviously but this should provide no complications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon