Battery life suddenly worse

Lumpykite

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my LG G2 for about 4 months now and one of the things I've always liked about it was the battery was very good. I usually could get about 18 hours out of my battery but lately I've been struggling to reach 10. Today my phone dropped 25% battery in 3 hours that I didn't even use my phone it just laid on my desk. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? Please help me!

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i suffer no hardships doing this -

Battery Tips for Android

1. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum acceptable to you.
2. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
3. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
4. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
5. Use WIFI over Cellular data when possible. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
6. Be careful of using an excessive number of live widgets.
7. If you Sync Exchange Emails - set old email sync for 30 Days or less.
8. Do NOT use a Task Killer Battery Saver App.
9. Turn off Google Now and Location Reporting if you don't use it.

Lumpykite

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
As those are all good tips, I have always done all of them. I've changed nothing with my phone but the battery has suddenly become worse. It says the number one thing using up my battery is cell standby and then the screen. The screen is normal but I've never seen cell standby up to 45%.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
As those are all good tips, I have always done all of them. I've changed nothing with my phone but the battery has suddenly become worse. It says the number one thing using up my battery is cell standby and then the screen. The screen is normal but I've never seen cell standby up to 45%.

no new apps installed which are killing battery in background?

a last resort might be a hard reset.

Lumpykite

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try deleting an app I had to download for school since its the only one I recently downloaded. If I don't see any improvement I'll probably reset my device. Thanks for the help

myguruji

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had my LG G2 for about 4 months now and one of the things I've always liked about it was the battery was very good. I usually could get about 18 hours out of my battery but lately I've been struggling to reach 10. Today my phone dropped 25% battery in 3 hours that I didn't even use my phone it just laid on my desk. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? Please help me!

Please backup the necessary data of phone and than restore it to factory settings. Don't download unwanted software to your phone. Download softwares for genuine resources. Untrusted software generally works in the background and uses data, ram and drain battery. Hope this will be useful...

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem lately. I installed better batter stats and found that it was AT&T carrier IQ constantly waking my phone. I had already rooted and installed a camera mod but I was still on the stock recovery. This pushed me over the edge to install custom recovery (TWRP via AutoRec) and install the Optimus G3 rom. It has no AT&T software or carrier IQ and now the battery is amazing again.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had a similar problem with my ATT G2. A factory reset helped my issue briefly, but I still am down to 20% battery after a single day of use with just over an hour of screen on time. "Android System" usually eats up a ton of my battery, but Bluetooth is usually 6-9% even if I have it off all day.

Posted via the Android Central App

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The battery life on my Moto G has always been amazing, so whenever I notice it crapping out I know it's likely some recent app I installed so I just uninstall it. Also, keeping your recent apps cleared will help save on battery life, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy