andres584

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok just found it.Software update includes
APN update
Google Security Patch
LG Music Player App Update
G Watch compatibility
** Will it unroot it though? If so can I try to root with method I used previously or have to wait for new root method?

OhAlfie

Banned
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Update to the LG music player still didn't fix the annoying song title issue I have when using it with my newer Kenwood car stereo. If I play music via the LG player (BT) and hit the skip button, the name/artist screen stays stuck on the previous songs name/artist on the Kenwood display. Maybe one in 10 "skips" it may catch up and show the correct song info.

The only player I've found that can play things perfectly is Rocket Player. It's pretty much smooth as silk. I was really hoping they would fix whatever is messed up with the connectivity of the stock player so I can utilize the QuickWindow case that allows you to see/change songs via the little window.

The other thing I dislike is the LG play has pretty much no extra tweak settings at all. It's just an EQ setting and that's pretty much it, so I know it's not an issue with a bad setting when I can't get the info to display correctly.

Honestly I have no idea what the update did. It all looks the same as before.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Like a dumb a$$ I updated rooted with TWRP and now when I reboot I'm in a loop that keeps going back to TWRP. How do I fix this?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Like a dumb a$$ I updated rooted with TWRP and now when I reboot I'm in a loop that keeps going back to TWRP. How do I fix this?

Sorry i can't help you man. We never had this problem with the S3. I don't know if it's the phone, or TWRP. I'm staying stock with the G2. If that Nexus 6 looks good to me, it's mine. I'll hold on to the G2 for 18 months, and then,sell it. :(

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the S3 was dummy proof. At least this dummy:)

Think I'll try to revert to stock using XDA to see how it goes.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the S3 was dummy proof. At least this dummy:)

Think I'll try to revert to stock using XDA to see how it goes.

Good luck. I may be wrong, but after thinking about it for a while, i realized that it was TWRP that did me in. I'd never used it, and didn't know much about it. I don't think that there were enough safeguards built into that recovery program.:'(

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
after updating to this i seem to be having data connection issues when not on wifi

anyone else?

chrome says that 'Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned off' but they appear to be configured as normal in settings... =\

My update went great. Maybe it's Chrome. I uninstalled it and went back to the stock browser. Chrome was too much of a battery hog.:p

Scotty719

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I updated my G2 with the latest update and the APN has a problem now. No data when WiFi is turned off. Had to make a new APN for my data to start working again. Anyone else have this problem?

ol chap

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Currently on a custom ROM (so yes I have TWRP) if I were to restore a backup would it automatically accept the update and brick my phone or would it first ask me?

Probably a stupid question but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Posted via Android Central App

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Currently on a custom ROM (so yes I have TWRP) if I were to restore a backup would it automatically accept the update and brick my phone or would it first ask me?

Probably a stupid question but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Posted via Android Central App

It'll ask you first. It asked me and I stupidly accepted. Fortunately I was able to fix it

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on stock 4.4.2 rooted, stock recovery, software version D80020u. Anyone know if this latest OTA breaks root?

From the DeathStar using my rooted LG G2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE