Stuck in Reboot Loop

linzlara

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
My LG G2 randomly shut down and the LG symbol stayed on then kept turning off and back on. After a while the AT&T symbol came on as if it was turning back on and then shut back off. AT&T tried a factory reset but it didn't work. Then I went to a company for repair but took the SIM card out and used it in another phone. The store contacted me letting me know it was working just fine and when I picked it up I put my SIM card back in and the process started all over again. So, the common denominator is the SIM card, but it works just fine in my old phone.

Right now it is on, but once i plug it into my computer the loop shut down loop starts all over again. Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it to an AT&T Device Support Center - with the SIM card in it. (They'll give you a card for your other phone if the DSC has to keep your phone for testing.) Then they can see if it fails with the SIM card in it.

linzlara

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
It looks like it continues the reboot cycle even without the SIM card - but it only reboots every few minutes. I just had enough time to back-up my phone.

I am wondering if I select the factory restore from the settings section if that will have any effect?

alt32701

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I am brand new to this forum and was about to post about this same problem. I will probably do that anyway, but if you see this and success fixing it, please let me know. I bought my G2 used in November. So I don't know how long it was used before I got it. It's an ATT phone, but I am using it on Cricket. It was working great until Saturday evening (1/24). It started randomly shutting down as u described. I have tried hard resets to factory settings and neither helped. Talked to LG thru chat and they could only recommend hard reset or software update from carrier. Software update I did last night and that didn't change anything yet. I can still use the phone but it goes thru time periods where it will shut off and back on hours....I've spoken to a few people about it and one suggestion was a new battery. What did you wind up doing?

Molana

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Guys,
i just got an AT&T Model here in Pakistan. The company i got it from gets it from US.
Is there any work around to this issue.
This is what i have noticed.
1- the phone gets stuck on reboot loop. when it does this its top half gets extremely hot.
2- Probable cause is using Wifi or Camera too much.
3- Sometimes the un-expected shutdown goes into reboot loop

Any idea what to do about it ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12