Bricked my phone. Need LG Phoenix kdz

thesnowsnake

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow I have the same problem I tried to LG upgade it and emergency mode is all I got..

Im as green as grass so if you can help me I would really likre to know more and of course having my phone would be GREAT:D

highflyer7159

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
i bricked my lg phoenix

yesterday i was messin around with my phoenix and accidently loaded the lg optimus v rom on my phone and when i powered it off and powered it back on it gets stuck at the lg boot up screen.... any one that can help me fix this phone will b greatly appreciated. i would really hate to buy a new phone...

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
see if you can get into emergency mode. hole both vol up\ down and home\ back buttons and plug in usb.
if so head over to the FASTBOOT STARTED FIX thread.

rfox9206

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Thrive for ATT, and i rooted my phone no problem. I bought the titanium back up ap for it, and i somehow stupidly, disabled the start up features so i get the LG screen and flickering lights. The next day i go buy another LG thrive, and i root it, and i did a backup in rom manager, and it is stuck on LG, when i try to do a hard reset on either phone puts me into emergency mode, PLEASE HELP!! I"m desperate.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
rfox9206

You have entered familiar territory to many a thrive user. Don't loose hope there is a way back from your problem. You will need to look for the thread dealing with fastboot issue. read it and follow the directions. Then once your back to normal you will need to reroot your phone and follow thw CWM howto for the thrive. For some reason some people with thrives run into issues here and others don't. Somewhere along the lines you will have to installed a rom that doesnt really work for your phone but it will work enough to get the phone booting. From there you can install CWM and pick a working rom and install Jobans .32 kernel and you should be good to go.

d10nt3

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I missed the part about already being in emergency mode.

If you are like me flashing a kdz file sent you from fastboot mode to emergency mode. At this point sadly i think you might be screwed.

Do NOT flash any other kdz file. I tried that and it made my thrive completely brick.

I thought I remembered seeing a thread about getting from emergency mode back to fastboot over at XDA, if I can find them I will post them.

Alright, so earlier today I accidently "bricked" my Thrive. I followed your tutorial on how to get back into Clockwork Mod Recovery and it is very straight forward (I thank you for that) but I have a bit of a problem. My Thrive wont register in my computer as it is now. I have indeed downloaded drivers for it but they seem to do nothing at all. Is there anyway I can get some set of drivers to work with this? Thanks.
(P.S. Would have PM'd but I haven't posted enough yet.:p)

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so earlier today I accidently "bricked" my Thrive. I followed your tutorial on how to get back into Clockwork Mod Recovery and it is very straight forward (I thank you for that) but I have a bit of a problem. My Thrive wont register in my computer as it is now. I have indeed downloaded drivers for it but they seem to do nothing at all. Is there anyway I can get some set of drivers to work with this? Thanks.
(P.S. Would have PM'd but I haven't posted enough yet.:p)

ok maby i can help answer you here

i had a thrive originally before i got the phoenix because there are no known kdz files of original thrive roms

i followed every tutorial out there but it was hopeless my phone was stuck in emergency mode.

how do you know if your phone is lost unless you have a jtag tool or factory service

1: imidiately after pressing power or connecting charger you see no lg logo but a yellow screen that says EMERGENCY MODE!!!

2: you try every button combination but to no avail

3: finally the computer will not recognize the phone and kdz updater gives errors or becomes non responsive

if you have any combination of the three or all of the above its hosed without a jtag or sending it in for factory service.

luckily mine was under warranty i sent it in and on the repair slip it stated " replaced defective flash chip"

sorry i could not be of more help this is just the experience i had with the trive and why i will not touch another once i received my repaired one i quickly sold it and got a phoenix

Reactions: d10nt3

d10nt3

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
ok maby i can help answer you here

i had a thrive originally before i got the phoenix because there are no known kdz files of original thrive roms

i followed every tutorial out there but it was hopeless my phone was stuck in emergency mode.

how do you know if your phone is lost unless you have a jtag tool or factory service

1: imidiately after pressing power or connecting charger you see no lg logo but a yellow screen that says EMERGENCY MODE!!!

2: you try every button combination but to no avail

3: finally the computer will not recognize the phone and kdz updater gives errors or becomes non responsive

if you have any combination of the three or all of the above its hosed without a jtag or sending it in for factory service.

luckily mine was under warranty i sent it in and on the repair slip it stated " replaced defective flash chip"

sorry i could not be of more help this is just the experience i had with the trive and why i will not touch another once i received my repaired one i quickly sold it and got a phoenix

Ah well I was afraid I'd have to send it in, AGAIN lol. But thank you so much for your help. This phone seems to be very buggy.

giga8547

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah well I was afraid I'd have to send it in, AGAIN lol. But thank you so much for your help. This phone seems to be very buggy.

Thing with the thrive is and this is what lg said " the lg thrive gophone fir at&t was intended to be a low cost pay as you go DISPOSIBLE smart phone." Meaning it was never intended to update and in truth lg never intended to develope for the thrive beyond its release state. Thats why the thrive did not get the gingerbread update when phoenix did. Basically its a set it and forget it phone.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia