HOW TO FIX-fastboot mode started udc_start()

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
You think LG would give me a replacement if I had this problem?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Can you get to fastboot on your phone? Power off your phone. Press and hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you get to fastboot on your phone? Power off your phone. Press and hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME.

You mean when it says fast boot mode started udc start? Yeah I can get that.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
You mean when it says fast boot mode started udc start? Yeah I can get that.

Yep. That's it. If running windows do you have fastboot.exe and a USB data cable with LG's Android USB drivers installed already ?

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep. That's it. If running windows do you have fastboot.exe and a USB data cable with LG's Android USB drivers installed already ?

Well, I don't have my computer now (I'm at the beach), but I do believe I have the correct drivers installed. I'll just have to wait one week to get this fixed.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't have my computer now (I'm at the beach), but I do believe I have the correct drivers installed. I'll just have to wait one week to get this fixed.

I'll be releasing a tool in the next couple days to make flashing recoveries easier. Its for situations like yours.

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll be releasing a tool in the next couple days to make flashing recoveries easier. Its for situations like yours.

What are the things you cut out to make it easier?

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
What are the things you cut out to make it easier?

It's just a GUI front-end for fastboot. All you have to do after connecting the device to the PC, assuming all appropriate drivers are installed, is run the utility and browse for the recovery to flash and press the flash button.

Divayth

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This entire tutorial is a complete mess tbh, the whole thing DOES NOT work for lg thrive (p506) at all. I've done every method, I've used every KDZ format, and it does not work. I'm stuck at the Emergency screen with the same error, and in my logs it shows I've tried the flash over 50 times. The "wparam 100 lparam 4008" error shows up every single time, so at this point my phone might as well be hard-bricked because unless i buy a new one, this isn't going to be solved. I KNOW the drivers are installed correctly, and i have been disabling it on the device manager, I've tried other drivers, and i used the Singapore method countless times, to yet no avail. I've used the v10 KDZ and v20 KDZ, and honestly i was hoping it would just hard-brick is so i wouldn't have to worry about a solution anymore, but it just came up with the same "wparam 100 lparam 4008" error as usual. Anyone who has these errors on the p506 model of LG Thrive, might as well throw their phone out the window because the cold truth is, this method won't save you.

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This entire tutorial is a complete mess tbh, the whole thing DOES NOT work for lg thrive (p506) at all. I've done every method, I've used every KDZ format, and it does not work. I'm stuck at the Emergency screen with the same error, and in my logs it shows I've tried the flash over 50 times. The "wparam 100 lparam 4008" error shows up every single time, so at this point my phone might as well be hard-bricked because unless i buy a new one, this isn't going to be solved. I KNOW the drivers are installed correctly, and i have been disabling it on the device manager, I've tried other drivers, and i used the Singapore method countless times, to yet no avail. I've used the v10 KDZ and v20 KDZ, and honestly i was hoping it would just hard-brick is so i wouldn't have to worry about a solution anymore, but it just came up with the same "wparam 100 lparam 4008" error as usual. Anyone who has these errors on the p506 model of LG Thrive, might as well throw their phone out the window because the cold truth is, this method won't save you.

Then don't use it. Use the WinFastboot tool. Simpler, too.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Then don't use it. Use the WinFastboot tool. Simpler, too.

Thanks for the plug failed1234 but unfortunately WinFastboot IS NOT capable of unbricking a device. The device must be able to be placed in fastboot mode in order to do it's job. Power off the device. P506 Thrive users press -> POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME . If you see "udc_start()", then you can get into fastboot and then WinFastboot will allow you to flash a recovery to the device.

Last edited:

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Welcome Divayth. Unfortunately you aren't the only one with that problem. I have two Thrives. I have one that was only outta the box about 3 months or so before I bricked it. Yes, stuck in Emergency Mode. I've tried almost everything I can. I do know where I screwed up tho, and have prevented myself from repeating that fatal mistake again. On any ROM other than stock, NEVER, I MEAN NEVER, disable debugging. My situation and your could have been avoided or repaired if debugging is enabled on the device.

I contacted LG, although I haven't returned the phone, they had no problem issuing me a RA number and an address to the nearest service center to me. All I have to do is pay for shipping the old phone, completely stripped( no battery, etc.), to them.

Reactions: Divayth

treblegni

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally got all the drivers to install correctly but now the phone is just kinda hanging at the android screen it does the animation and flashes every so often but thats it. Next step?

I seem to be having an issue installing the drivers on windows xp. The phone does the necessary process in fastboot mode but I can't get windows to install the drivers needed so that the phone can be detected.

Any help?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having an issue installing the drivers on windows xp. The phone does the necessary process in fastboot mode but I can't get windows to install the drivers needed so that the phone can be detected.

Any help?

Somewhere in the vast wasteland of this thread I linked to the program that you need to get the drivers install. The program is a pain to use and is completely counter intuitive but its how I was able to get the drivers installed on my Win7 box.

treblegni

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Somewhere in the vast wasteland of this thread I linked to the program that you need to get the drivers install. The program is a pain to use and is completely counter intuitive but its how I was able to get the drivers installed on my Win7 box.

Somehow, I got my phone to boot and flash the recovery via rom manager. Guess I got lucky.

Divayth

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The funny part about it though, is that my phone WAS working in fastboot mode, so i came to this tutorial to get it working again, and this exact tutorial is the reason my Thrive doesn't work anymore. If i were to use the fastboot tool, i could have been saved, and it was put in debugging mode before this all happened, but instead i listened (ignorantly) to Joban's method, and what he didn't realize is that if his method fails, then you are stuck in Emergency mode forever. So he should have warned people before-hand saying, hey try these other methods first, and this lastly, because it will brick your phone if this should so happen to fail. No button combination works, for it just boots instantly to the Emergency screen, battery, or no battery. If i just would have studied a bit more to realize this, and tried the fastboot tool first... :-\ unfortunately for me, my phone was a go-phone, and i purchased it just so i could use the wifi, (like an ipod) and not really as a "phone". Oh well i guess though, i was aware of the dangers, and did it anyway.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry for the misdirection found here. I've been thinking about donating WinFastboot to the Android community for some time now, perhaps this unforseen mishap could have been avoided if I had released WinFastboot sooner. :-\

Like I said tho, you can contact LG, assuming your phone is still under warranty, and they will email you a RA number with tracking abilities along with the address of the closest service center to you. The closest to me happens to be in Texas but I'm in Tennessee. Oh well. I contacted LG Customer Support thru their web site. Did it all online. Only catch is the want a copy of Proof Of Purchase, a receipt.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reactions: Divayth

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry for the misdirection found here. I've been thinking about donating WinFastboot to the Android community for some time now, perhaps this unforseen mishap could have been avoided if I had released WinFastboot sooner. :-\

Like I said tho, you can contact LG, assuming your phone is still under warranty, and they will email you a RA number with tracking abilities along with the address of the closest service center to you. The closest to me happens to be in Texas but I'm in Tennessee. Oh well. I contacted LG Customer Support thru their web site. Did it all online. Only catch is the want a copy of Proof Of Purchase, a receipt.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Rooting doesn't void the warranty?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc