Not open for further replies.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Joban's Kernel

....... DONATE HERE.......

....Facebook Page....
Ok my first kernel ever! So please treat me nicely =)
This a LG Phoenix aka lg p505 based kernel with Franco kernel features. I was going to make this kernel in my own Mik based CM7 rom but then users would lose the opioion of flashing any p500 they like, so I just made a flashable kernel zip for everyone. I havent tested this on a LG Thrive but if things dont go the way they are supposed to go, I'll make a LG Thrive perfer kernel for users even though I don't have a Thrive.

First make sure you have CWM installed.

Second download any P500 rom you like that uses 2.6.32.9 kernel (that is in almost every p500 rom so dont worry about that)

My recommendation:
CyangoenMatt
[ROM]SonygenMod v1.2 Final (Discontinued, no longer available) - xda-developers (NO COM.ANDROID.PHONE ERRORS HERE)!
Link: [UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable:6.5.8,testing:6.6.1] CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) - xda-developers (GET COM.ANDROID.PHONE ERRORS AFTER REBOOT.)

Have that downloaded and on the SD card with along my kernel.

Then go to CMW recovery and first do WIPE/Factory Reset and then choose Install from Zip and then select the rom you have downloaded on the SD card and flash it.

After that reboot your phone and let it go into OS. At this point you'll see all the colors are distorted and stuff, but dont worry just go back to the CWM recovery and then flash my kernel.

And if you flash the CM7 which comes without any Google apps or the market, then just go to Rom Manager and go to the Download Rom section and go under Google and install the latest Gapp. Your phone will reboot and you'll have Google back.

Bugs Found So Far:
-SmartAssv2 dont work so please don't use that
-Phone gets com.android.phone. (That error is because of a CM7 bug of 2g/3g. Fixes: Fractory reset or follow here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod7-for-samsung-galaxys/issues/detail?id=47)

Next Release

-SmartAssv2

Kernel is founded in the attachments.

Video (Thanks to LifesGoodPhoenix for the Video)

Screenshots running CM7:
screenshot1318625480390.png

screenshot1318625687935.png

screenshot1318553519153.png

screenshot1318628324130.png

Facebook Page

Credits:
fserve
franco
mik
LifesGoodPhoenix
and whoever I may have forgotten.

Thank You
Closed, reason. GPL violation. No source code provided by Joban.

You can review these rules and more from the link below.

Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

koabeef

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Joban's Kernel 2.02 (Overclock, CM7 3.5.7 etc..)

Is the kernel in here somewhere? Or am I an Idiot?

I cant find a hyperlink to you kernel.....

Thanks

vipe_202

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Joban's Kernel 2.02 (Overclock, CM7 2.3.7 etc..)

I was testing this out, and i'm noticing landscape isn't registering, so possibly gyro not coded in?

vipe_202

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

So i've also notice, not sure if CM7 error or from your kernel, voicemail not working i get an unknown application error, getting carrier call settings not working, gyro as before not working. (using CM7 from the link, and your kernel.)

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

So i've also notice, not sure if CM7 error or from your kernel, voicemail not working i get an unknown application error, getting carrier call settings not working, gyro as before not working. (using CM7 from the link, and your kernel.)

what phone u have?

sabrelime

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I will agree that the gyro doesn't seem to be working. Also it would appear that you are not able to force 2g in the mobile network settings. One more thing.... It would appear that the GPS isn't locking on.

P.S. I have a Phoenix.

Reactions: GiGlii SkiLz

vipe_202

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

@sabrelime the 2g forcing does work add the powersettings widget (or something along those lines) to the homescreen using that i can force 2g/edge, so give it a whirl, as for gps trying something now, will update when my phone decides to download faster.lol

@joban it's a phoenix P505, why else might i try this kernel out?

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

I will agree that the gyro doesn't seem to be working. Also it would appear that you are not able to force 2g in the mobile network settings. One more thing.... It would appear that the GPS isn't locking on.

P.S. I have a Phoenix.

umm didnt notice that because i have landscape mode off. But thats odd cuz i didnt touch the gyro senor, maybe I need to play with the rom. anyone try flashing the kernel on stock rom?

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

has anyone done this to the thrive yet? im willing to be the first but i just want to know if anyone has done the thrive yet...and if it doesnt work i would like to know how to fix it

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

dont use the 3g/2g toggle because it leds to com.android.phone forced closed error, which i cant do anything about cuz its part of the rom.

its because this is a THRIVE FORUM! no duh?

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

thanks for letting it knows on the thrive! is there any bugs? how about the gyro and wifi?

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone tried the hardware test for the gyro through the hidden menu?

dybdahlD

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

thanks for letting it knows on the thrive! is there any bugs? how about the gyro and wifi?

Gyro and wifi still dont work. and also trying to unlock the phone is kinda odd...like it flashes and you have to quick slid your finger across the screen to unlock it

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

well dont go crazy on me for everything not working! the only thing i am responsible is for the wifi n other than that its not in my hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis