P505/P506 Which ROM are you using?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
In an effort to make a good step by step tutorial for all those looking to ROM their P505/P506 for the first time. I'm taking a poll of the ROMS everyone is using. This should help us figure out which ROM is the best for our phones and also help others get involved in the ROMing process. Please let us know which ROM you are using, which kernel version, which phone you have, and any issues you may have noticed with the phone since switching from stock.

Thanks everyone!!

Also please don't post questions in this thread if you have issues start a new thread.

Last edited:

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable:6.5.8,testing:6.6.1] CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (Android 2.3.7) (Using v6.5.8)
Joban's 2.08 Kernel
LG Thrive

Issues:
  • Excessive battery drain with BT enabled (up to ~15%/hr on idle); likely related to CM7 behavior of frequently scanning for and attempting to connect with BT devices in background
  • Stuck on blackscreen if Screen-on animation enabled [FIX: pull battery, disable this option after reboot]
  • DSPManager FC when headphones plugged in and EQ settings created [FIX: Clear data in Applications settings for DSPManager]
  • ~5sec delay when turning on device if using non-Live wallpaper
  • Continuous loop of phone.android.com FC errors [Fix]

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
hey for the com.android.phone u can just flash another rom like sonygenmod 1.2 and i never got that error again! and for the lockscreen i have to look into that too cuz its annoying for me too! and for all the other issues i cant do much that has to be the rom i guess cuz i didnt even touch the bluetooth.

Reactions: donavan

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
hey for the com.android.phone u can just flash another rom like sonygenmod 1.2 and i never got that error again! and for the lockscreen i have to look into that too cuz its annoying for me too! and for all the other issues i cant do much that has to be the rom i guess cuz i didnt even touch the bluetooth.
After applying the fix I linked, I never got any more of those errors. Fingers crossed, but it might be a permanent fix.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
yea it should be good! i got a call log error once but it just went away! nothing big! im using the new ICS themed rom and everything seems to look good! really smooth and good looking as well, but im gonna try to reboot many times to see if i get a error.

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
yea the 2g/3g but it is grayed out for our phones, so i think that doesnt apply for us.

CyanogenMod Settings ->Interface ->Notification Power Widget ->Widget Buttons ->Network modes

I had changed that setting right before I ran into the com.android.phone errors.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Well a little confused on thread. Seems like only two have stated stats. Rest looks like more Q&A. Lol. Anyway...sonygen mod v1.2final joban#6. Been away for a week. Still catching up. Only issue I've had is an erratic call log error. Hope this thread fills out.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Well a little confused on thread. Seems like only two have stated stats. Rest looks like more Q&A. Lol. Anyway...sonygen mod v1.2final joban#6. Been away for a week. Still catching up. Only issue I've had is an erratic call log error. Hope this thread fills out.

yea man go get joban#8 with gyro fixed! :)

buzzman

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Lg thrive-p506, unlocked- running Joban's latest kernel 2.08 and GingerCruzt 1.3. I like the look and feel, appears very stable. Still feeling it out for functions. I have a prepaid t-mobile chip in but will switch to my ATT one when I have the settings ironed out. This is an extra phone. I have a new thrive with 2.2.2 stock that I really like, even more than my Iphone 3gs. So this is a comparison of gingerbread to froyo. I have had this phone for 2 months on froyo and just started with gingerbread for 2 days.

I can confirm bluetooth seems incomplete on gingerCruzt. It will pair, but will not connect. I used the same bluetooth on the froyo phone and it paired, connected, and ran vlingo. Skype is almost unusable on froyo due to very bad reception. It works very well on gingerCruzt.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Im running joban's kernel #8... mmat lastest rom...
bugs:
*blackscreen when trying to unlock if using non live wallpaper
*blackscreen when incoming call, i have to guess where sliding bar is to pick the call and i cant see who is calling :(

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
try using the lense lock... or one that isnt a revamp....

Sorry, but english isnt my native language and i find hard to understand some words... what is lense lock? inside Cyanogen mod config i can change lockscreen style between the classic android one, a couple of rotary locks and one that slides down, but none is called "lense"... it doesnt matter which one i use, i always get that anoying bug... thanks anyways

skelton

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Stock AT&T 2.2.2, GingerBreak'd, and use CPU Tuner to moderate my usage and battery life.

I'm waiting for a stable version of something better. Would like some overclocking. Finally got Tethering working without having to spread cheeks for AT&T. Would like 2.3 or 4.x.x.x. Supposedly LG gave AT&T 2.3 but I have yet to see it distributed. I'm sure they are hacking it to disable hacking the device.