HOW TO: Clock Workrecovery Mod ( CWM )

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes I tried rebooting the phone, tried rebooting to recovery (under advanced), tried powering down and just restarting and even downloaded it again and installed it. Could something have gone bad when you renamed it? Could it put some kind of check in things when it creates the file name?

steven0291

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I reflashed the Optimus One recovery, rebooted into recovery and applied the renamed update and it all worked fine for me.

If you don't mind, try it again but before you reboot go to advanced > report error. Then reboot into android and upload the file recovery.log from the clockworkmod folder on your sdcard. It might help me understand why it's not working for you.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I reflashed the stock CWM using ROM Manger v 4.8.0.6
Using ROM Manager I rebooted into recovery
Updated using the renamed file
Rebooted recovery (no change)

steven0291

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing out of the ordinary. Exactly the same as mine, except for me it worked.

I don't understand why it isn't working :\

Did you try the terminal method with the recovery.img I uploaded last night? Did that work for you?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah I got as far as this line and it could find what I was looking for

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/xbin/flash_image

you dont suppose its because I mounted /system in the mount -o remount rw /system part

mounting only last as long as the system is power right?

steven0291

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Whether or not the recovery.img works will give me a better idea of what needs to be looked at and changed. Yes, /system is supposed to be mounted for this.

Simplified steps for you to try:

1. Download flash_image.zip attached to this post and Recovery.rar from this post. Unzip and unrar both and put them on your SD Card

2. Install Terminal Emulator

3. Open Terminal Emulator

4. Enter the following one line at a time. Not entering the $ and #

Code:
$ su

# mount -o remount rw /system

# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/xbin/flash_image

# chmod 755 /system/xbin/flash_image

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/Recovery.img

# mount -o remount ro /system

# reboot recovery

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
No dice. It looked like it was working wrote all the blocks with no errors rebooted and everything is still blue.

I have CWM v5.0.2.0 if that makes a difference
and I get an error everytime I boot to recovery that doesnt seem to make any difference

E:Bad boot message
"recovery "

steven0291

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't understand why it's not working on your phone. I have the same version installed, and the bad boot message is a known issue with Optimus recovery. It's no big issue.

I'm gonna try Joban's kernel and upload a new recovery.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can think that I might have done differently than you is I had to do the Fastboot fix using the KDZ files and then start from scratch but as far as I know that shouldn't effect things.

steven0291

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Recovery with Joban's kernel completely breaks. So that's a dead end.

That shouldn't effect things at all.

I even flashed the same ROM & kernel as you and it still worked for me. I'm looking around the web to try to find a boot.img from the stock AT&T firmware, but I'm not having much luck.

The only thing I can think of is something is different in the stock kernel for Rogers and AT&T.

Once I can find a boot.img I'll try it out and update the thread!

steven0291

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried with the V10e kernel, but that bricks the phone. V10c kernel works, but only on P505r it seems.

As of now, I'm lost as to what the issue is. Hopefully a few more people can try the update package located here and report back. Whether it works or not, your phone will still be operational.

I'm currently looking at building an original recovery for the Phoenix from the CWM source code. Will report back in a few days with an update to that.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried with the V10e kernel, but that bricks the phone. V10c kernel works, but only on P505r it seems.

As of now, I'm lost as to what the issue is. Hopefully a few more people can try the update package located here and report back. Whether it works or not, your phone will still be operational.

I'm currently looking at building an original recovery for the Phoenix from the CWM source code. Will report back in a few days with an update to that.

LOL seems like everyone here is making their own roms. :-$

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
ahaha but its still funny how this guy has no clue whats soo ever on whats hes saying! Plus he got the CMW from xda.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So Joban any idea why its working on his phone but not mine? Have you come across anything in your travels that would indicated what the problem is. Is this something that we need to build for the Rogers and the AT&T seperate? I have no idea how to do it just guessing.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
So Joban any idea why its working on his phone but not mine? Have you come across anything in your travels that would indicated what the problem is. Is this something that we need to build for the Rogers and the AT&T seperate? I have no idea how to do it just guessing.

sorry i havent read through all the pages, so whats ur problem again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX