LG Phoenix will no go into CMRecovery... factory resets

ericframirez

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to get cyanogenmod 7 on my rooted LG Phoenix (gingerbreak).
I downloaded ROM Manager, and
I "successfully" (It says success) flashed the recovery (LGE Optimus One)
and when I click "Reboot into Recovery", my phoenix cuts off and reboots into the factory 'android unboxing' thing and it factory resets.

I HAVE tried turning off my phone and rebooting with home and volume-down pressed but this just results in the fastboot error and then I have to pull my battery. What am I doing wrong?! :eek:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Im not quite sure. But lets get on the same page.
Where I'm going to start... rooted stock.
Flash cwm as O1. Confirm flash.
Turn off phone normally. Don't use cwm app for anything but to flash.
Hold home, volume down, power tegether. Fyi volume up instead puts me in emergency mode.
Now you need to hold them till cwm shows up. Mine does LG logo for about 5 second then blinks to show it again for 1 sec then cwm.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you got a bad flash on the CMW if you can't boot back into the OS you are going to need to follow the Fast boot fix to get things back on track.

bananarepo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same symptom on my thrive - rooted via gingerbreak, cwm optimus 1 installed, on reboot with power home vol down, I get "fastboot mode" in small letters then nothing.

After resetting via pulling the battery out (10 sec power hold doesn't work) the phone boots normally sans cwm of course.

ericframirez

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you got a bad flash on the CMW if you can't boot back into the OS you are going to need to follow the Fast boot fix to get things back on track.

Well I have no idea where to start.. could you give me a link please? And thank EVERYONE for replying, I think that reallly cool :)

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can still load os try on older version of cwm. The rom manager app has "run older version" at the bottom.
As for fastboot fix there is a post on main thread.

ericframirez

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a recovery someone made specifically for the phoenix? Could I flash that recovery? I tried to fix the fastboot issue a few days ago, I got about halfway through then I couldn't understand the directions.. but the fastboot error only appears when I try to get into the recovery through the volume down and home button method.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
not a successful recovery. and all that was changed was the recovery kernel to make colors better.
but really peeps, please at least try to do some of the advice given. we were all made aware that there is nothing specific or supported for these phones. so donavan thinks bad flash. i can agree, so try and older version of CWM. or switch recovery to TWRP.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What version of CWM is known to be compatible with this device (Phoenix)? I am trying to do it the manual way (no ROM Manager) and want to get it right.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothings compatible with this phone, but the kernel. I merely recommended trying an older version, as it worked for me. Rom manager is fine as long as you use it to ONLY flash recovery.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Got it. I used 5.2 CWM and the colors were funky but it works just fine. ROM Manager is a bad crutch and no one needs to use it for anything.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually it doesn't always fix the color issue. I have tried flashing mine with an image but I still have the screwy blue.

charles12

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
i need help!! first i got rom manger premium and clicked flash or what ever and i click lge or something optimist and it said complete and i went to download rom and wen to free and went to cyanogenmod and it said to root and i cick ok and now it will turn on and will stay at this green lg thing with www.lgmobile.com and it will never change please help or have a idea to hep
:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':):)':)':)':)'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair