HOW TO- Flash New Bandbase

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Raeyne's kernel is perfectly useable. As long as you don't want to overclock. Aside from that EVERYTHING works with it.

Wait I thought Raeyne's had issues with wifi or the 3g. I would love to not have to bother with figuring out this damn kernel if both of these work (along with the rest of the important stuff). Me personally I could careless about the overclocking it does squat for our phones in reality except eat the battery and overheat the phone. Sure its good for bragging rights but as far as usability it doesn't do much.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Wait I thought Raeyne's had issues with wifi or the 3g. I would love to not have to bother with figuring out this damn kernel if both of these work (along with the rest of the important stuff). Me personally I could careless about the overclocking it does squat for our phones in reality except eat the battery and overheat the phone. Sure its good for bragging rights but as far as usability it doesn't do much.

hehe. I've said several times in replies that absolutely everything aside from overclocking works with raeyne's kernel. Have you even tried the kernel for yourself yet?

chiphead

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the CM9 beta 4 with the nbb v20f working with davestan kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-phoenix-thrive/167471-help-wi-fi-issue.html#post1716008).

Working is the operating word, as it's not 100% stable and some features like Youtube/MX player don't have smooth playback and GPS takes about a minute to lock-on. The version of CM9 is also no longer supported. ([UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD] - xda-developers). I've had the phone spontaneously reboot on several occasions.

CM7 is more stable/usable from my experience.

gabo_lope

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the CM9 beta 4 with the nbb v20f working with davestan kernel (http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-phoenix-thrive/167471-help-wi-fi-issue.html#post1716008).

Working is the operating word, as it's not 100% stable and some features like Youtube/MX player don't have smooth playback and GPS takes about a minute to lock-on. The version of CM9 is also no longer supported. ([UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD] - xda-developers). I've had the phone spontaneously reboot on several occasions.

CM7 is more stable/usable from my experience.
Excuse me, if i'm ignorant or something, but what is that kernel you're talking about, the davestan kernel

Last edited:

chiphead

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Excuse me, if i'm ignorant or something, but what is that kernel you're talking about, the davestan kernel

It's in the link that I posted. It's stock .35 kernel with Wifi fix that Davestan added. Korrectmethod originally posted a way to get the funnysim CM9 running with obbfix patch; this kernel will allow you to use CM9 on nbb.

The obbfix was neccasary to get nbb roms to work with obb. The funnysim version of the rom lets you save the APN so that the data connection works. The problem is, roms after beta 4 like hephappy's don't have the funnysim support and require the V20G baseband, which P505/6 (Phoenix/Thrive) don't support since we are still on V20F.

So if we want the latest CM9, we still need someone to come out with a kernel that officially supports CM9 w/o the workarounds. I would recommend sticking with CM7 until such time.

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Can someone with a thrive tell me how to get to the new baseband so I can use .35 kernels (if this is even possible with the thrive). Right now I'm on an older CM7 ROM with a .32 kernel, also does the new kernel/baseband cause any huge problems like crazy lag or no connection? Thanks guys