.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on the status of this kernel? NO ETAs obviously but an update to know whether or not progress is being made would definately be appreciated.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
ok fellas, imm running cm7.2 and a 505kernel with obb patch on my thrive. i LOVE it. i have voice, text, wifi, and 3g data, but no mms. is this a problem with the settings on the apn page, or do i need the funny sim? seems strange to have data but not mms. also, if it matters, im using a nokia 6790 sim in my thrive on straight talk, so maybe thats how i messed up settings on the apn page. i hope my post helps someone else to decide to use cm7.2, and also hope someone can help me with my mms. thanx.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
think i got it now, it was the apn. it always worked before on froyo with the same settings, but i had to do some changing to get it to work on 2.3.7. so, back to the begining of my last post, if your on the fence about going to this setup, come on in, the waters warm. and you wont be disapointed. and its not that hard, hell, i've had more trouble setting the clock on our microwave!

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I am also running CM 7.2 w/Raenye patch, though on a Phoenix. I have to say, the black screen thing is quite annoying, but what's killing me is the battery life. I mean, it's better than CyanogenMMatt, but I don't think I can take it. When I have more time next week, I think I'm going back to stock.

waterproof93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm new here, and i was just wondering if kindly someone can explain me how to get a fully working custom rom with OC on the LG Phoenix (P505) without blackscreen bug.
Do I have to be on OBB?
Witch kernel do I have to use?
Thanks

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm new here, and i was just wondering if kindly someone can explain me how to get a fully working custom rom with OC on the LG Phoenix (P505) without blackscreen bug.
Do I have to be on OBB?
Witch kernel do I have to use?
Thanks

Nope it doesn't exist. The black screen glitch exists in every ROM except the stock ones (and some people have reported it glitching even in the gingerbread upgrade from LG but Im not getting it so its hard to say for sure). We think the problem is in the kernel somewhere and though you can use the OBB with the .32 kernel and with the right ROM it wont be very noticeable as long as your using a live wallpaper it will still be there. As of yet we still don't have a .35 kernel that will do everything we need it to aside from stock and that one doesn't support overclocking or any of the AOSP ROM's like Cyanogen or MIUI. Sorry to say right now we are pretty much stuck with AT&T badged junk or glitchy ROM's/Kernel's at least until we find a developer that can build us a custom kernel. I was trying to work on it but things got crazy in my world and I haven't had the time to dedicate to building a kernel. If I'm wrong on any of this then someone please correct me.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well if we get a good kernel then the ROM's are pretty much wide open. The LG Optimus had a similar glitch and a kernel patch fixed it so it stands to reason that a kernel patch for our phones should do the trick also. Unfortunately all our developers vanished on us.

iosdemolisher

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope it doesn't exist. The black screen glitch exists in every ROM except the stock ones (and some people have reported it glitching even in the gingerbread upgrade from LG but Im not getting it so its hard to say for sure). We think the problem is in the kernel somewhere and though you can use the OBB with the .32 kernel and with the right ROM it wont be very noticeable as long as your using a live wallpaper it will still be there. As of yet we still don't have a .35 kernel that will do everything we need it to aside from stock and that one doesn't support overclocking or any of the AOSP ROM's like Cyanogen or MIUI. Sorry to say right now we are pretty much stuck with AT&T badged junk or glitchy ROM's/Kernel's at least until we find a developer that can build us a custom kernel. I was trying to work on it but things got crazy in my world and I haven't had the time to dedicate to building a kernel. If I'm wrong on any of this then someone please correct me.

actually there is jobans .35 kernel that supports overclocking and the blackscreen bug is gone, except the fact that there is no wifi

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So I thought I'd post a quick setup for people who don't want to browse 28 pages to find just a few links. It's for people with a thrive and want cm9 with ICS and everything working. All links posted here can be found in this thread somewhere.

Use this rom : beta4_funny_sim.zip
Flash this kernel : p505_stock_gb_kernel_old_baseband.cwm.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

That's all I had to do and everything on my Thrive is great. No blackscreen bug either, which I did have while running CM7.
The only thing's not working are the stock live wallpapers. I'm not able to change overclock settings.

Reactions: ClydePS

waterproof93

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
actually there is jobans .35 kernel that supports overclocking and the blackscreen bug is gone, except the fact that there is no wifi

Is this kernel working on NewBB ? Because I'm stuck on nbb... i followed all the tutorials avalaible and i have no luck...

Also I can't find this kernel... do you have it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital