11-05-2013 05:10 PM
475 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hey when I used raenye's kernal for my LG Phoenix (P505) that is on the Old BaseBand. For some reason I get the wifi to work but I cannot get the Data to work
    02-28-2012 04:49 PM
    @DiamondRyce : does voice/text work? did you set up APN?
    02-29-2012 10:36 AM
    @DiamondRyce : does voice/text work? did you set up APN?
    Yes the voice and text work. But how do you go about setting the APN as I am not sure what to do.
    02-29-2012 10:45 AM
    Yes the voice and text work. But how do you go about setting the APN as I am not sure what to do.
    Yup 100% it is you APN Settings, Same thing happened to me when i first flashed a new rom and it took me a while to figure out what i had to do

In Ginger Bread
    Setting --> Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> Access Point Names
    Now you either select your or make a new APN and put in your providers info

In ICS
    Settings --> More --> Mobile Networks --> APN
    I think this is where it is in ICS 4.0.3 for P505

Good Luck
    02-29-2012 12:52 PM
    I'm pretty sure APN settings aren't working on ice cream sandwich yet. I've tried

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk
    02-29-2012 03:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure APN settings aren't working on ice cream sandwich yet. I've tried

They work fine for me on my P505 so. ya
    02-29-2012 04:43 PM
    The P505 stock kernel works on P506 too. Hopefully, Drew's kernel will supersede all of these
    where can i find a .zip of the stock p505 kernel?
    02-29-2012 04:54 PM
    Good news for you turkeys:

I'm about to upload the stock LG P505 (Phoenix) source to my BitBucket.org repository and begin the patching process.

UPDATE: The official repository for the LGP505 (Phoenix) kernel source + my modifications is on BitBucket.org. If you can't see any files, it's because it's not finished uploading yet. I will be working for about an hour and a half tonight patching the kernel, and you all will be able to track what I'm doing using the aforementioned BitBucket repository link.
    k, this is amazing, but do u have to be on nbb or anything when u flash this, or can you just flash a nbb .35 rom on a obb phone, and then flash this? srry im a noob when it comes to android
    02-29-2012 05:11 PM
    OK, until someone compiles a well-behaved kernel and provides source, here's a simple wifi-enabled solution I came up with several days ago.

Rules:
    1. Don't PM me with personal help requests or bug reports. This is simply a compilation of LG P505 stock gingerbread kernel and aspee's baseband patch on XDA. I claim no credit beyond putting it together and online.
    2. Don't mirror this file. I want to keep track of the number of downloads.
    3. Don't publish a different thread, here or elsewhere, linking to the file directly; link to this post instead.

The consequence of of failing to meet rules above would be that I cease sharing my findings with the community. Since most of you used my rooting method, you probably value my contribution and don't want this to happen.

Instructions:
    1. Be on old baseband (= don't upgrade to official gingerbread via KDZ flashing).
    2. Download P505 kernel and old baseband patch to your SD card.
    3. Boot to recovery.
    4. Install a gingerbread custom rom.
    5. Install the patch.
    6. Reboot.

I tested CM7 nightly, blackbird and oxygen.
    3G, wifi, gps, camera worked out of box; didn't test UMTS data.
    Oxygen had the blackscreen bug, but the other two didn't have it.
    Right Here
    02-29-2012 06:48 PM
    So as best I can tell, this is the current state of things.

OLD BASEBAND ---ie you did NOT update to the official LG released Gingerbread update

Thrive (506): You can use Jobans .35 kernel (which is not posted online anymore, but can be downloaded from other users) and Aspee patch. With those two you can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Phone/Data work, but wifi does not.

Phoenix (505): You can use Raenye's combined kernel. You can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Everything works.

NEW BASEBAND --ie you updated to the official LG released Gingerbread update.

Thrive: DO NOT try and use the Phoenix (505) kdz. It appears to be causing massive problems. Use the above methods if you want to go to .35/NBB

Phoenix: Once updated, people can switch to a //35/NBB based ROM but cannot get data or wifi.

Does that sound about right?
    I tried Raenye's combined kernel with my lg thrive p506 and wifi works, but i'm not getting data to work. put in my apn settings and data was a no go.

Edit: using the funny sim version of the ROM solves my issue.
    02-29-2012 06:50 PM
    Hey when I used raenye's kernal for my LG Phoenix (P505) that is on the Old BaseBand. For some reason I get the wifi to work but I cannot get the Data to work
    try the funny sim fix: xda-developers - View Single Post - [UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4]
    02-29-2012 10:27 PM
    So you have the CM9 working flawlessly on your thrive with data and wifi?
    02-29-2012 10:58 PM
    So you have the CM9 working flawlessly on your thrive with data and wifi?
    yes, i used lupohirp's rom with raenye's kernel and old bb patch. if data doesn't work for you with the ordinary rom, use the funny sim version.

lupohirp's rom: [UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4] - xda-developers

raenye's kernel and old bb patch: p505_stock_gb_kernel_old_baseband.cwm.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    Deathglobe and WillisLGThrive like this.
    02-29-2012 11:11 PM
    Natural blue what is the funny sim version for?

02-29-2012 11:39 PM
    With this rom, version 4.0.3 of android, we can play FLAC files right?

UPDATE : Answered my own question. It can indeed.
    02-29-2012 11:39 PM
    So as best I can tell, this is the current state of things.

OLD BASEBAND ---ie you did NOT update to the official LG released Gingerbread update

Thrive (506): You can use Jobans .35 kernel (which is not posted online anymore, but can be downloaded from other users) and Aspee patch. With those two you can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Phone/Data work, but wifi does not.

Phoenix (505): You can use Raenye's combined kernel. You can use any .35/NBB based ROM. Everything works.

NEW BASEBAND --ie you updated to the official LG released Gingerbread update.

Thrive: DO NOT try and use the Phoenix (505) kdz. It appears to be causing massive problems. Use the above methods if you want to go to .35/NBB

Phoenix: Once updated, people can switch to a //35/NBB based ROM but cannot get data or wifi.

Does that sound about right?
    So even if I use raenyes kernel and an ics ROM, I can't get anything still?

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk forum app
    02-29-2012 11:45 PM
    Also, is there a newer, preferable cwm that you guys are using? I'm still on 3.1.0.0 for the thrive.
    Which (stable) nightly do you guys use?
    02-29-2012 11:45 PM
    Natural blue what is the funny sim version for?

it's for those who aren't getting data even though their apn is set.
    02-29-2012 11:50 PM
    Well, Happy to report that 3g/data works great on my Phoenix that is running gingerbread on beta4 of the CM9 (funny sim version). All we need now is a kernel that fixes wifi and upgraded phoenix users could be running ICS!
    03-01-2012 01:21 AM
    On the p506 (thrive), it looks like the kernel is providing us with 256bit colors??
    Everything seems washed out, colors are visibly washed out in something like the settings menu (you can see color layering).

Using lupohirp's rom raenye's kernel and old bb patch.

Went to youtube (via browser / (test rom) no apps, no appstore etc.,) and a simple video staggered all over the place.

But it works and so does FLAC.
    03-01-2012 01:25 AM
    Willis if you don't have the market then flash Google apps

03-01-2012 03:03 AM
    And colors are like that because ics is made for a high definition screen so for now I dont think we can really do anything about it.

03-01-2012 03:04 AM
    yes, i used lupohirp's rom with raenye's kernel and old bb patch. if data doesn't work for you with the ordinary rom, use the funny sim version.

lupohirp's rom: [UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4] - xda-developers

raenye's kernel and old bb patch: p505_stock_gb_kernel_old_baseband.cwm.zip - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    hey, naturalblue, can you do some quadrant scores for me, i want to know if i shud upgrade from jobans 2.08 kernel and cm7
    03-01-2012 07:18 AM
    On the p506 (thrive), it looks like the kernel is providing us with 256bit colors??
    Everything seems washed out, colors are visibly washed out in something like the settings menu (you can see color layering).

Using lupohirp's rom raenye's kernel and old bb patch.

Went to youtube (via browser / (test rom) no apps, no appstore etc.,) and a simple video staggered all over the place.

But it works and so does FLAC.
    Real quick, does hardware acceleration work using joban's kernel?
    03-01-2012 10:37 AM
    Real quick, does hardware acceleration work using joban's kernel?
    Not sure if this helps or not, but on CM7 using MOBO player its said that hardware accel could not be used and it had to use software accel
    03-01-2012 11:29 AM
475 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD