.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah sorry should have told you that one before hand. If you have any issues getting the source let us know I for one have a copy I can upload somewhere if its needed.

Thanks. I found it on LG's site, downloading now.

EDIT: So I was just looking at joban's ICS kernel and I know why WiFi didn't work on P500 ROMs. There are proprietary wifi firmware files that need to be copied from the stock ROM in order for wifi to work. It had nothing to do with the kernel at all.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I asked about something similar to that recently but got no answer. So can this be fixed without having to rebuild the kernel? can we just throw the wifi module in the .zip file and call it a day?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I asked about something similar to that recently but got no answer. So can this be fixed without having to rebuild the kernel? can we just throw the wifi module in the .zip file and call it a day?

Copy the files in /system/etc/wl (IIRC) from the stock Gingerbread ROM to the ROM you are flashing. There should be 4 of them. Can someone point me to a system dump of the stock Gingerbread ROM for the Phoenix? A ROM based on stock works as well.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Copy the files in /system/etc/wl (IIRC) from the stock Gingerbread ROM to the ROM you are flashing. There should be 4 of them. Can someone point me to a system dump of the stock Gingerbread ROM for the Phoenix? A ROM based on stock works as well.

Can this be integrated into joban's zip so that it copies the required files when the kernel is installed or in another update file. Manually copying isn't an issue for good number of us but in the spirit of keeping things easy for the noobs it would be a great help to have this automated as much as possible.

kushkingz

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for all the work u guys r doing to get use a new kernel, THANKS EVERYONE!
sorry couldnt donate, hate no money or cc

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
thrivin could you please pm me how to flash the new baseband

I promise I will disclose everything to everyone in a few days.

But I want to make sure that drew gets his bounty for helping us out even though he DOESNT EVEN OWN OUR PHONE. Hopefully if he actually gets us a phone, he will continue to tweak and build new kernels for us.

My process works for both the Phoenix and Thrive and it does NOT go into the risky process of using the kdz updater.

Come on folks. In less than a day the man has figured out our problem and is working to fix it.

Buy him a beer, send him whatever you can.

linyera

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just tried copying those wl files to my wl directory and it's a no go, still says error once I try to start the wifi

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante