.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well i tried this last night, and aside from it installing a bunch of stuff, i couldnt get it to actually build anything.
and if you have a dual boot sys set up, when ACI asks to change it say no. when it asked to restart and i complied it wouldnt load linux. windows still boots(whew).

I actually talked with the developer of this, he is looking into incorporating the P505 source code into the tool with any luck we may have a push button kernel builder once he is done. I tried doing a basic build on a virtual machine here at work but I think I hosed it up when I had to pause the machine. I will give it a go tomorrow night and see if it works ok for on my machine.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I actually talked with the developer of this, he is looking into incorporating the P505 source code into the tool with any luck we may have a push button kernel builder once he is done. I tried doing a basic build on a virtual machine here at work but I think I hosed it up when I had to pause the machine. I will give it a go tomorrow night and see if it works ok for on my machine.

That would make things about 100 times easier for us! :D Would like to try that out.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a the stock kernal on SD card would you like it

Not sure if thats needed yet but I can pull it from my phone if its needed. I think they need the source code so I am uploading it to dropbox now and I will link to it for mDroidd to use if he can.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just an update for everyone. I am still working on the kernel, I had to reinstall my OS because of poor planning on my part when I initially installed Ubuntu, long story short I needed to more drive space and didnt have the ability to just resize the partition so I am reinstalling. The good news here is that I have learned a lot along the way and I will be starting fresh (I still have my data files and such so im not starting from scratch). I hope to have the OS back to build status by Monday my work schedule permitting. Just wanted to let everyone know I hadnt given up or anything like.

Last edited:

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just an update for everyone. I am still working on the kernel, I had to reinstall my OS because of poor planning on my part when I initially installed Ubuntu, long story short I needed to more drive space and didnt have the ability to just resize the partition so I am reinstalling. The good news here is that I have learned a lot along the way and I will be starting fresh (I still have my data files and such so im not starting from scratch). I hope to have the OS back to build status by Monday my work schedule permitting. Just wanted to let everyone know I hadnt given up or anything like.

keep up the good work. seems theres a lot of people who would really appreciate the kernel.

DerFeniks

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That was like "BECAUSE [DELETED] YOU, THAT'S WHY"... it's really a shame joban was not supportive with the rest of us, xda devs don't get paid and still share their code for free... and they help a lot :):D

Last edited by a moderator:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just another kernel update after what seemed like an eternity I am getting somewhere in getting use a working Cyanogen ported kernel. I finally have all the files and I have the process down about 90% (still a little hazy in some areas). I tried making a build yesterday and it crapped out on me some errors dealing with a __delay of some sort I am trying to track it down now. I'm hoping its file compatibility issue I'm going to try a few things today and see if they fix it. If all goes as hoped I may have a working custom ported .35 kernel built from LG's source and ported to Cyanogenmod as per there instructions. If it works I will be sure to post the source where ever is the best place for future developers to work from. So far I have not changed any actual code just added a few files here and there so I don't really have any source code but I will try to get it uploaded to git or something when I get a complete working tool set.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to mention that the recent cm9 builds made by hehappy cannot be used with our phones anymore :p when you flash the stock kernel it boots up to the splash screen and stays there.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LifesGoodPhoenix

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to mention that the recent cm9 builds made by hehappy cannot be used with our phones anymore :p when you flash the stock kernel it boots up to the splash screen and stays there.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

Thats because the stock kernel pretty different from CM9 ... even a cm7 kernel differs enough from stock to cause most roms to kick the bucket one way or another. CM9 from what I have read it seems that CM9 is actually implimenting the kernel differently than before, rather than building a zip file to flash over the ROM the kernel is somehow implimented into the build process of the ROM. Not sure if that means we cant flash the ROM with a custom kernel or not.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, bummer :( another note, i deleted the build.prop in Adfads funny sim fix and flashed it on cm9 and the rom booted but it doesn't detect the sd card, i dont know if thats good or bad but just wanted to tell you guys.

ddiddy22

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
that sucks. tried two different 9.0. Got nothing. i was wondering why so much talk about what kernel to use. now i know why.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2