.35 Gingerbread/ICS Kernal

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody got this new joban kernel? Just interested, not asking for it.
I don't believe your going to find anyone speaking out to much about Joban, the members here have accepted the fact he is no longer a member and therefore don't expect to see any of his work mentioned either.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you not read other posts? Seriously, me and the mod have said that we can't seek him out here anymore, end of story.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I really can't believe that STILL we have no kernel. This is just ridiculous. It's not like its easy to build one tho. All the kernel tutorials are old or don't bloody explain everything. And NOONE on XDA or here that really knows how to build a kernel is helping at all. Thank god i have a skyrocket. I told my girlfriend a while ago too just forget it. The ONLY one (yes JOBAN) that had anything working GOOD didn't release source and cannot help AT ALL anymore. (If you are reading this joban release the god damn thing on XDA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oathkeeper1212

iosdemolisher

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I really can't believe that STILL we have no kernel. This is just ridiculous. It's not like its easy to build one tho. All the kernel tutorials are old or don't bloody explain everything. And NOONE on XDA or here that really knows how to build a kernel is helping at all. Thank god i have a skyrocket. I told my girlfriend a while ago too just forget it. The ONLY one (yes JOBAN) that had anything working GOOD didn't release source and cannot help AT ALL anymore. (If you are reading this joban release the god damn thing on XDA).

i feel your pain bluntman, once i get my galaxy nexus this summer, im probably gonna throw my thrive out the window

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Dude I totally know how you feel, its really frustrating for me to, and it pisses me off but what can we do :( I'm hoping I can get a Samsung Galaxy SIII this summer so I can dump this phone to one of my friends.

anon(524934)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to buy a Sony Xperia phone, likely the Japanese GX when it goes international, but I'm actually quite satisfied that this phone has gotten as far as running ICS, albeit without camera previews. I'll probably set it up on GB before I give it away, but from my perspective the lesson to be learned here is don't buy carrier phones, even the prepaid ones.

In this case, the better route would have been to buy a p500 unlocked and a gophone sim card off Amazon, if you don't mind foregoing the 1-year warranty that comes with the Thrive. It's ridiculous that any hardware modifications (besides frequencies) have to be made to the original Optimus One at all. The phone doesn't get enough attention for carriers to benefit from giving it a unique name, and it probably would be cheaper for the carriers to use the original Optimus One anyway, which could make them less desperate for money for services like the AT&T Navigation app. (I can understand if it exists for feature phones but they went through the trouble to write one for an OS that comes with Google Maps Navigation preinstalled?)

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Guys, Gummy rom 4.0.4 works with the stock kernel. But the only problem is that the keyboard won't open. Will investigate further.

anon(524934)

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
And just like that, this is wonderful news! Perhaps the stock kernel just needs a few modifications? (unless the kernel is integrated too deeply into the ROM)
Actually, if that's all that's wrong with it the only thing I can't live with is the keyboard. Airdroid can replace USB storage, and a laggy camera is slightly better than a previewless camera (assuming the time from shot to shot is the same). Perhaps I'll finally get around to backing up my apps and poke around a bit...

Reactions: Oathkeeper1212