New to Android

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks!

Now, as far as backing up, is it enough to use Titanium Backup to back up all user + system apps + data, flash everything, then install & use Titanium Backup to restore everything? Or would I only restore User apps + data?

kushkingz

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The sim lock is deeper then just a rom setting . Flashing a new rom shouldnt lock nor unlock your sim.
Although im not 100% sure .. Most logical answer i could think of

Last edited:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
well if all goes smoothly with flashing a recovery, and it should, id boot into recovery and a make a backup there.
then use TB to then back up apps , all if you want, doesnt matter now what you back up cuz you have a full backup already thru recovery. the only apps you would HAVE to back up are the apps you want to restore after flashing a rom.

and if anything goes wrong with flashing a rom or you just dont like it you can boot back into recovery and restore your back up, of what i would assume to be stock root.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so it seems that there's an extra step in the process which I wasn't aware of. So first you flash recovery, then you flash a ROM, right?

Where can I read more about this whole process? I guess I'm more of a noob than I thought I was.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: PersonaNonGrata

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I take it the easiest way to upgrade the baseband on the Phoenix is to use the LG Mobile update tool. Is there an easy way to downgrade the baseband? Does the KDZ method downgrade the baseband (assuming you use the right .kdz file, of course)?

Last edited:

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
correct, somewhat. yes. there is an lgmdp program used similar as the kdz method. lgdmp can flash just basebad and not mess with anything else. its kinda finikie and confusing in the beginning.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I tried flashing some ROMs, but I just couldn't get the new CM7 to work. For now, I'm guessing that the problem is my old baseband. I'll update that, and see if I can get it working then.
I just want to make sure that I can downgrade easily.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to get everything working in cm7 with baseband patch plus reanye kernel. Ithink the kernel has the baseband patch in it so you don't have to flash it separately. Upgrading base band at this time wont get you more options. Also try a funny sim version.

Reactions: PersonaNonGrata

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
If I do upgrade the baseband, the KDZ thing can take me back, right?
CM7 works with messed up colors, and until the screen times out. With Joban's kernel, the Bluetooth doesn't work. I'm just trying to find a combination that works for me.
What's the latest version of raenye's kernel?

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
yes, you can get back to obb, but with nbb there isnt a kernel that i am aware of that will work with CM7 or 9.
the kernel is still being developed, hopefully. joban has a .35 kernel, but wifi dont work, i think data works with funny sim rom version, dont know about bluetooth.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-lg-phoenix-thrive/157807-35-gingerbread-ics-kernal-7.html
this is the thread page were the link to raenye's stock .35 kernel with baseband patch is.
give this a try before upgrading baseband.
be sure to get nbb roms with this kernel, as obb roms wont work with .35 kernel.

if you need i can break it down some more for ya. its all still a bit much for me. lol

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I've spent a couple hours looking around, and I can't find out how to get back to pure stock. I was hoping to find a .kdz file, or even a nandroid backup from stock 2.2 or 2.3, specifically for the P505, but I haven't found what I'm looking for, yet. Do you know of some place I can find that?

Everything I've found so far involves flashing a ROM or .kdz from the P500 (which messes up the colors), and then you have to take other steps to get the Phoenix working again.

The closest I got was finding several references to JOBAN-LGP505AT-01-V10e-310-410-FEB-25-2011+0-DZ.zip as a backup of stock for the P505, but I couldn't figure out how to use it, as even Dzip doesn't recognize the unzipped .dz file. Any idea about this approach?

I really appreciate your willingness to help me out with my questions.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
looks like you have the carlo rom.? that is stock 2.2.2, iv never flashed that rom so i dont know what it is like. stock i presume.
aside from what you have the only way to get back to a factory stock is to restore your own backuped rom, or
get the LGmobile updater and have it flash NBB with 2.3.4. <this way you have to root and flash CWM again.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
most roms do come with a kernel. aside from the carlo rom, you will need to flash a kernel suited for our device.
in other words all the p500 roms will require a moded phoenix kernel for them to work properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon