Custom CWM for P505 & P506 Colors Fixed

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need a couple of brave souls to test a custom CWM

Oh, yeah. If you just keep pressing buttons, all the text disappears and the device becomes completely unresponsive.

Then you have to pull the battery.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

yeah there actually is a buffer for key presses... I guess its something in CWM... we thought we had it fixed in the latest build cause I tried to get it to happen on mine but it didnt happen so I must have not pressed things enough. I will inform utkanos and see if he has a fix.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

I just re-flashed beta 2, and got the same thing.

Do we even need a buffer? Can't it interpret the keypresses as they are pressed? Or, maybe we can just disable the 2 left most keys. I'm guessing the "back menu item disabled" thing is a bug, rather than a feature.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Can your cause the crash again and then tell me exactly how to do it which buttons which menu selections so I can see where it breaks. I have been trying it on mine and I cant get it to break. Also Which verison of android are you running NBB or OBB.

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

I just reflashed beta 4 again. Same problem. It works fine, until the "crash."

This time, I tried avoiding the 2 left most keys entirely, and it seems fine. But then I pressed the up and down volume keys simultaneously a few times, and I got the message "Back menu button disabled." At that point, pressing back will refresh the menu on the screen, and the last option ("+++++Go Back+++++") disappears. I then played around pressing buttons, and I managed to get the message "Back menu button enabled.". As expected, things went back to how they were when I first booted into recovery. The thing is, the exact combination of button presses in unpredictable. Also, you may get "Back menu button enabled." followed immediately by disabled. Or, all the text will disappear and leave you completely stuck.

I'm on OBB, CarloROM, Android 2.2.2, P505. CWM Recovery says v.5.0.2.8

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I reflashed v.5.0.2.0 through ROM Manager (the one with the messed up colors), and here's what I found:
Pressing the power button makes the text disappear -- same problem on our version
Pressing the search button acts like the back button
Pressing the menu button acts as select
Pressing the home button goes up (same as volume up button)

However, repeatedly pressing the home button (it's unpredictable how many times) will give you "Back menu button enabled.", which then changes things, as follows:
Power button acts as select
Search button acts as select
You can press home button again several times to get "Back menu button disabled.", and restore previous functionality.

I think the issue with our beta version is that the 2 left most buttons have other functions, so it makes that whole back menu button thing more difficult and less predictable than in the P500 version.

If somehow we can disable switching of the back menu button, I think we'll be alright.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Hey, I reflashed v.5.0.2.0 through ROM Manager (the one with the messed up colors), and here's what I found:

However, repeatedly pressing the home button (it's unpredictable how many times) will give you "Back menu button enabled.", which then changes things, as follows:

You can press home button again several times to get "Back menu button disabled.", and restore previous functionality.

I think the issue with our beta version is that the 2 left most buttons have other functions, so it makes that whole back menu button thing more difficult and less predictable than in the P500 version.

If somehow we can disable switching of the back menu button, I think we'll be alright.

Ok I was able to verify your findings and gain a little more information while I was at it. If you press the menu button too many time it craps out too. But pressing the vol up and down buttons at the same time will turn the back button back on/off. I will let utkanos know what we found and see if he will fix it. (which seems likely).

PersonaNonGrata

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

I've been getting occasional spontaneous restarts since I went back to Carlo ROM, and I've been thinking about upgrading using the official LG updater tool. Do you want me to hold off on that, until this recovery thing gets squared away?

BTW, would flashing the old KDZ restore the old baseband?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Its up to you but I might help to have a phone on the OBB still just to make sure there are no issues but honestly the way I look at it is we are all moving to the NBB eventually (especially if I can get a kernel for us) and the P500 version works for the old baseband even if it is ugly so really it doesn't matter ... plus everything seems to be independent of the baseband anyways as I can recreate all the same issues you have. Id say go for it. Besides I actually like the new stock rom one you gut it of all the AT&T crap.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Just an update, Im on build8 of the CWM project, the button issue seems to be solved but the colors went to crap again. Hoping to have build9 by the end of the day and if it works I will upload it as beta_05 for mass consumption.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
See the first page it has been updated and there is a new file. We are offically out of beta and I'm calling it v1.0. Color works and the back button disable issue seems to be fixed. If you have any issue please let me know I will make sure they get fixed asap if it can be fixed.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you can do a flashable zip for CWM. Once I have a few people test this version out for sure it will be pushed up to be included as offical in ROM Manager so we will be able to just use rom manger to flash it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital