LG Thrive: Charged overnight, woke to Emergency Mode

Accretious

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
My phone shut off due to running out of battery. Threw it on the charger before bed, woke the next day to it being in a boot loop; LG logo would come on for 3 seconds, the blue lights behind the buttons would flash 4 times, then it would restart.

At that point, the only thing that would keep the phone from restarting was Emergency Mode.

Now I am stuck with the phone booting directly to Emergency Mode. I cannot turn the phone on either, it only turns on while plugged in.

Last edited:

Accretious

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a battery charge screen before on my phone. It's a yellowish-greenish screen that says Emergency Mode!! in italics, regardless of the battery being in the phone or not.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I figured it was actually the emergency screen but I just wanted to be sure because the first time I killed my battery all the way it took forever to charge enough to make the battery screen go away.

My honest assessment of your phone is that somehow CWM has gotten corrupted which is causing issues which means you need to re-flash with a KDZ I personally didn't have any luck using the KDZ file you mentioned I had to go in using the LGE utility and tell the program I was using a P509 (I think just pick a P50x of any number they all share mostly the same hardware) from Singapore. This gave the screwed up colors but it also let me re-install CWM and then re-flash to a working rom/kernel combo. Search around for the fast boot fix thread and read it if you haven't I am pretty sure I detailed just about every step I took when getting out of emergency screen hell. IF you can't get that to work you can try the upgrade to stock Gingerbread. And if that doesn't work there is a good chance your hardware is screwed. Keep tinkering with it though aside from one or two hard bricks I saw listed most issues we have encountered have been fixed.

Accretious

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Singapore trick. Wasn't that in reference to getting drivers through the LG utility, though, and not directly linked to flashing?

Accretious

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have already inquired about this. The warranty is considered void due to modifying the ROM, and if I accept a replacement phone and they later deem I voided the warranty, they will charge me for the replacement. Plus the closest center is 120 miles from me.

shane18071

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
None of the fixes works for me. I tried KDZ and the LG utility...nothing, phone does absolutely nothing until i plug it in n then it just goes to logo screen briefly and then straight to emergency mode screen...I am going nuckin futs here!! KDZ keeps telling me cannot find phone, but yet the LG utility does, but same problem, tells me there's an error...no communication with phone, I am at my wits end here, somebody please help!! i'm beggin' ya!!!

Mahad Mehfooz

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
i have lg p509 i just update softwere and then he said t mobile send you update i aloow update and then restart....when i open mobile it says updating firmware what should i do??????

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
you can either update it or not. sounds like you are on stock rom. try calling t mobile and ask them whats up.

if you are rooted then updating will remove that, and poss custom recovery.

RogerRiquelme

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey i have the same problem, as soon as i plug the phone to a USB cable or a charger that annoying yellow EMERGENCY MODE screen pops up right away... phone was never rooted or anything like that my girl had it and gave it to me to c if i can fix it, but the buttons are totally unresponsive... so that Volume up plus home button and power button at the same time wont wok, my pc does recognize the phone i have it listed as P500 i tried updating the software it starts reading the phone?s config i believe and it automatically stops at 19% telling me to take of the battery bla bla bla i did the kdz thingy but i think i did it wrong perhaps it didnt showed me any error message... it just finished and i tried to boot the phone and nothing happened... help please!!!!

Gustavo Fring

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello, friend. Security Error: In this video we teach solve the problem Security Error on LG devices. is very easy to repair. repair security error lg phones easily. With few steps you will have your smartphone lg optimus repaired. Copy and paste this link into your browser: youtu.be/r5f-9uvu4Tk

Frank L Ridley

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I took the battery out. took the sim card out, put battery back in and re started it after 30 seconds. shut it off took battery out put sim card then battery back in. started and works fine now. good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs