List of Compatible Roms for LG Phoenix

DiamondRyce

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi people,
Im just looking what is compatible with a LG phoenix old baseband. Im looking for one that shows the least of the blackscreen bug. Need a rom that when after a call ends does not turns into a blackscreen

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
wow, i tried typing something three times. this question is harder than it sounds. then again i havnt been on obb for some time now.
i dont recall a rom on obb that had less of an issue with black screen.
cm7(unofficial), sonygen, oxygen(maybe had the lest issue(s)), arc_os(good, still had com.android.phone error)

if i were still on obb, i would find a nbb rom with obb patch, funny sim version if needed, that worked for me.

sadly your just gonna have ta flash till you find something you can live with.

DiamondRyce

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Im on at&t and it works fine. The blackscreen bug is somewhat killing me.cuz after a call I have to take off the battery to boot it again

Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, if the blackscreen bug is that bad on your ROM you should definitely try a different one, I've been using http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69108004/A8-CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG-signed.zip with joban's kernel and it works pretty well.

i can confirm for some reason this is one of the few roms with no blackscreen bug. i believe live wallpaper needs to be enabled though. right now im using [22/05][ROM]Joyos1.2.1[iphoneUI][NoBug][Beautify patch][Upgrade patch] - xda-developers . and im using the .35 kernel...as long as i dont rapidly turn the screen off and on i dont have blackscreen issue, but it does give blackscreen when headset is plugged in.

RodLightning

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Whoa, if the blackscreen bug is that bad on your ROM you should definitely try a different one, I've been using http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69108004/A8-CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG-signed.zip with joban's kernel and it works pretty well.

Thanks for suggesting the above combined KANG/Joban flash for the LG Phoenix. It's the best solution I have tried so far, although I have only been at it for a few days. :) It seems to be quicker with a few more features than CyanogenMMattv1.1, the previous ROM I used. I hope the battery life has improved. I'm still trying to figure out if I should update from the older base band using LG's official Gingerbread via website and usb cable. At this point, I am inclined to leave well enough alone. It looks like all of the P505 hardware features work with this setup and my t-mobile simcard is recognized by default.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
This is an outdated thread. I highly recommend upgrading to ics 4.0.4. In the past month djnoxd on xda has released a kernel for p505 and p506 that runs ics beautifully. The kernel allows p500 ics, and jb roms to run on our phone. You can find roms on xda website under optimus one p500 roms.

Alternatively, check my how to perfect working cm7 thread here on AC. That will at least allow you to run updated gb roms.

Personally I'm using nightlyFourE 5.3 with djnoxds kernel.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn