[ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4] Cyanogenmod 9, Android ICS 4.0.4

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Aw man. I had the same issue. It just sits there with the LG Logo right?
And then the battery gets hot and etc...

Here is how to do it:
***These commands probably aren't right. I forgot the exact commands but there should be a help command :p...***
Get a recovery.img (tell me if you need one, I've got one)
Place the recovery.img in the same directory as the fastboot.exe.
Boot into fastboot and connect to your PC and initiate fastboot.
Use the command -erase recovery.img.
Use -flash recovery.img and it should do it.
Now you have CWM Recovery back in place. Just flash a ROM from there!

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Aw man. I had the same issue. It just sits there with the LG Logo right?
And then the battery gets hot and etc...

Here is how to do it:
***These commands probably aren't right. I forgot the exact commands but there should be a help command :p...***
Get a recovery.img (tell me if you need one, I've got one)
Place the recovery.img in the same directory as the fastboot.exe.
Boot into fastboot and connect to your PC and initiate fastboot.
Use the command -erase recovery.img.
Use -flash recovery.img and it should do it.
Now you have CWM Recovery back in place. Just flash a ROM from there!

Thanks man, just note that for flash recovery.img you need to specify the location to, like C:\recovery.img

Sent from my LG-p505 using Tapatalk 2

gabo_lope

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
When I bricked my thrive, I follow that method, It works....
If you can't push the recovery.img to your phone, because it shows an error, the only thing you could do is to erase all your data, and try that way... Erasing my data was the only way to make the comand promt, push the recovery.img

Best of luck with your phone :)

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
guys i am so confused right now. I appreciate the guides but i dont know which one to do ad to me they all sound complicated. If someone can simplify that would be great..

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man, just note that for flash recovery.img you need to specify the location to, like C:\recovery.img

Sent from my LG-p505 using Tapatalk 2

hey oathkeeper, can you help me out, i read over what rashed posted but i dont know where to get the programs he mentioned. i also need direct instrucions! Please help:(

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
hey oathkeeper, can you help me out, i read over what rashed posted but i dont know where to get the programs he mentioned. i also need direct instrucions! Please help:(

How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | dotTech
Follow this. Once installed boot your phone into fastboot mode (You already know how, or else Power+Home)
Download a recovery. put it in your C:\ Directory.
open cmd.
type fastboot devices. MAke sure your device is listed.
Then type as follows:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery C:\recovery.img
fastboot reboot

then hold Power+vol up+home. Should start recovery. then flash a rom.

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | dotTech
Follow this. Once installed boot your phone into fastboot mode (You already know how, or else Power+Home)
open cmd.
Then type as follows:

may i flash a backup i made just in case something happened (aka this). that way i can just jump back into the phone

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
open cmd.
Then type as follows:

What do you mean download a recovery (i put that on C-drive like the ADB and Flashboot right). When do i connect my phone into the computer? Open cmd is command prompt? Please reply!

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
@TheLockness
DId you get your problem resolved or is it still there?

Still here my friend. I installed the abd fastboot thing but i dont know what you mean by download a recovery. WHich recovery should i download? I am just confused and stressing out because this is my main phone and it is bricked.

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Still here my friend. I installed the abd fastboot thing but i dont know what you mean by download a recovery. WHich recovery should i download? I am just confused and stressing out because this is my main phone and it is bricked.

I was the same way when mine did it.
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a recovery.img

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean download a recovery (i put that on C-drive like the ADB and Flashboot right). When do i connect my phone into the computer? Open cmd is command prompt? Please reply!

one of these. The 3100 Allows the flash of any rom, p500, p505, or p506. the Utkanos only flashes roms designed for p505/p506.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29398&stc=1&d=1341279245

So the flash comand prompt line would look as follows:

"fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery-3100.img "
OR
"fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery-Utkanos.img"

(I believe it's c:\, It's been awhile since I used a windows machine.)

You plug the phone in when It's in fastboot mode. And it must say "fastboot: processing commands" once plugged into the computer.

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Now Arjen, The rom/kernel still contains the battery boot bug. The way I fix it in my custom roms is replace the ramdisk with that of the lgp505icskernel-14062012 kernel and it no longer contains the bootbug, however that makes it not connect to my wifi, idk why. Just a point in the direction of where it is.

Reactions: Rashed1997

TheLockness

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
one of these. The 3100 Allows the flash of any rom, p500, p505, or p506. the Utkanos only flashes roms designed for p505/p506.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29398&stc=1&d=1341279245

So the flash comand prompt line would look as follows:

"fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery-3100.img "
OR
"fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery-Utkanos.img"

(I believe it's c:\, It's been awhile since I used a windows machine.)

You plug the phone in when It's in fastboot mode. And it must say "fastboot: processing commands" once plugged into the computer.

it wont let me unzip to C: Drive

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12