[ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4] Cyanogenmod 9, Android ICS 4.0.4

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
donavan, thanks...for a second i thought i was doing something wrong...ok so there is no support for the CamRec...

I'll be switching back to GB,,,

Your camera will probably record the videos just fine (mine did on ICS) but since the video codec does not exist you wont be able to play the video once you have it ... you can however transfer the video off of the phone to a PC and they should play just fine.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Just did some checking of my own after reading the last couple posts. I'm on 8-12 also, I can take video, but not play it. However, I have videos in my gallery I took on cm 7.2,and I CAN veiw them with this rom. Maybe this is another clue to help solve the issue?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just did some checking of my own after reading the last couple posts. I'm on 8-12 also, I can take video, but not play it. However, I have videos in my gallery I took on cm 7.2,and I CAN veiw them with this rom. Maybe this is another clue to help solve the issue?

Only sort of... it has something to do with the video encoding that ICS and JB use vs what GB and Froyo had going on. What has been done so far (at least the way I understand it) is that the ICS code will not work as it is and requires some serious hacking to make the camera work (photos) this is because of the way ICS and JB deal with graphics as compared to they way the older version do. There are some pretty heady documents out there explaining the what and why of this if your interested but they read like VCR instructions. Long story short till someone gets Openmax working we'll never have a true ICS/JB ROM. That is not to say though that someone wont be able to hack there way around that make it work but there will most likely be comprimises, just look at CM9 and the youtube bug. You can play youtube videos but the cpu will get over run and crash the OS causing a reboot. IMHO until we can get the drivers and codec we need running ICS and JB is little more than a neat trick that lacks functionality. Don't get me wrong I love ICS on my phone but there are still major drawbacks to running it or JB. But to all the developers to you I give my thanks and admiration and urge you to keep up the good work. Also please correct me if I got anything wrong in the above statements.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. It should work, laggy but working.
We have some new camera patches now for jb which also fixes panorama. Still need to test if it works for cm9 too.
Don't remember if it showed correctly on playing, but that is because I always used mxplayer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

scott41373

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried to install the 8/12 nightly build for p505 after a full wipe, but all I get is a black and white charging battery icon after the initial LG boot animation. This is strange because I am downgrading from CM10 so I can have a working camera. Any ideas? I wiped and flashed again, but same results both times

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried to install the 8/12 nightly build for p505 after a full wipe, but all I get is a black and white charging battery icon after the initial LG boot animation. This is strange because I am downgrading from CM10 so I can have a working camera. Any ideas? I wiped and flashed again, but same results both times

After battery icon shows press and hold POWER button until device shuts off and restarts. You'll be ok then. That's actually a CM9 and CM10 glitch.

Reactions: scott41373

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for having to ask, but where is the changelog? I'm sure this was probably answered before, but I somehow missed it. I'm content with 8-12 build, so I wanna know what's changed before I decide to flash or not. Thanx.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
It says pilson was updated today, but I don't see the update. I'm confused. Anyway, my 8/28 version seems to be gettin sluggish. And I can't get jb to work. Maybe cause I never partitioned my sd card?

Last edited:

smr_traders

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe Arjen has discontinued his work on this project. DJ OptimusOne has taken over development on XDA. Thread here. [ROM|Unofficial][IMM76L][ICS 4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 [TeamMAC][27-SEPT-2012] - xda-developers

Phoenix p505 and I 've update to official 2.3.4 and have it rooted I went flash cwm through rom manager and now want to load arjen piccolo custom rom I have few question about installation this my 1st time installing any custom rom can anyone tell me were to start from I am wondering what if I have done piccolo and later I want to go back to official 2.3.4 what should I do then I know that I have to backup my current rom in case I need later but I still don't know were to exactly resorted official rom just want to make sure everything I know before I start any processes

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Phoenix p505 and I 've update to official 2.3.4 and have it rooted I went flash cwm through rom manager and now want to load arjen piccolo custom rom I have few question about installation this my 1st time installing any custom rom can anyone tell me were to start from I am wondering what if I have done piccolo and later I want to go back to official 2.3.4 what should I do then I know that I have to backup my current rom in case I need later but I still don't know were to exactly resorted official rom just want to make sure everything I know before I start any processes

I'm sorry but I can't really understand what you would like to know and i am here to help you in any way I can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

smr_traders

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but I can't really understand what you would like to know and i am here to help you in any way I can.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

i know its bit confused LOL but anyway thank you I just want know about installation guide for piccolo rom and there is any way to going back to 2.3 in case I want to?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad