[KERNEL][CM9][ICS] CAF-based 2.6.35 kernel for ICS-based roms

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
This kernel started as part for the CM9 rom in another thread.
Made a seperate thread for it now, because the kernel can be used for other ICS roms too.

There will be two different kernels, one for Roms that were build especially for the LG P500 and one for upcoming LG P505/P506 ICS based roms.

Known bugs:
Black screen after unlock or calling

Source: Github

Last edited:
Reactions: DvineLord and 5dPZ

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I moved this from the other thread,

Hey arjen, i've been trying to learn how to build a kernel. I have compiled from source successfully. I have been playing around with other kernel sources and tried to compile your lgp505icskernel without success. Do you have any tips/pointers or even guides as how to fully customize and build a kernel? Also was i headed in the right direction for the blackscreen bug fix? Is it because of the framebuffer? I read on xda that franco fixed it in kernel/power/wakelock.c. Is any of this even close to a fix? Thank you very much for the work you have put into this. Enjoy a beer or two from me!!!!I sent what i could right now.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
What errors do you get?
You made a .config using the cyanogenmod_p505_defconfig?
Not all things are already updated, I will update it when I release a working P505-kernel, but you are always welcome to help with it.

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
make clean && make mrproper
make cyanogenmod_p505_defconfig
make menuconfig
save config
make -j5 ARCH=arm

It errors out after awhile?But i guess it makes sense if you have not updated yet.

linyera

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a full whipe before flasing and format /system?
Also, did you overclock?
Btw, it isn't really necessary to overclock, runs rather smooth at 480/600.

Trying to get a new build ready today, will keep you posted ;)

Yeah I did a full wipe before flashing, I did overclock it.
I fixed it earlier by clearing cache/dalvik cache
But it keeps on happening to me even without it being overclocked

Otherwise it works like a charm ;)

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Have tried ndkr5c and latest r8. There was an error about the novatek screen, and a bunch of other errors also till it finally just stopped compiling. I will try and post a screenshot later today. Here in Ontario Canada it is 4:30am. Must Sleep Now. Thanks arjen! I'll be back on after sleep.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but these logcats are only needed in the other thread where I requested for them :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks!

Send from my phone...