[KERNEL][Gingerbread] CM 2.6.35 kernel for Thrive and Phoenix

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
last question where is the option for mass storage in cm7? I'd like to copy files over instead of taking the sd card out

I'd assume it's not working in the newest nightly? I'm having the same problem on the same rom also. I didnt have this problem on the other cm7 builds that I tried. I also just noticed brightness level cannot be changed.

The USB mass storage isn't a huge issue for me, I just use an app called AirDroid.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Strange, I can't change brightness.

Nevermind I fixed it.

When you flash roms follow this exact order.

Flash rom.
Reboot, Let load with color banding issues.
Immediately reboot back into recovery after the homescreen loads with funky colors.
Flash Joban's kernel.
Reboot.
When it freezes at LG Logo (which it did for me both times), pull battery and power on back into recovery. (home, vol+up, power button).
Once back into recovery, Flash 6-12 ics version of arjens kernel.
Reboot and enjoy.

Sorry but it looks like the newest cm7 nightly doesn't have working USB mass storage, at least for us. I recommend Airdroid for wirelessly transferring files back and forth over wifi. Works well on smaller files (~500mb)

Last edited:

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind I fixed it.

When you flash roms follow this exact order.

Flash rom.
Reboot, Let load with color banding issues.
Immediately reboot back into recovery after the homescreen loads with funky colors.
Flash Joban's kernel.
Reboot.
When it freezes at LG Logo (which it did for me both times), pull battery and power on back into recovery. (home, vol+up, power button).
Once back into recovery, Flash 6-12 ics version of arjens kernel.
Reboot and enjoy.

Sorry but it looks like the newest cm7 nightly doesn't have working USB mass storage, at least for us. I recommend Airdroid for wirelessly transferring files back and forth over wifi. Works well on smaller files (~500mb)

I still get WiFi errors. Is the 6-14 version or arjens ICS fine?

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
*unnameable*, thats right i forgot! And thanks!

Edit - If it cant be pm'ed could you please upload to like rapidshare or mediafire and send the link through pm?

Please, and thanks!

bluntman_420

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
just flash the latest cm7 nightly. http://get.cm/get/jenkins/6530/cm-7-20120819-NIGHTLY-p500.zip

reboot

then flash jobans #8 kernel. ( i cannot provide kernel due to forum rules. tell me how i can host it online free and i will send you a download link)

reboot.

after lg logo freeze pull battery.

boot into recovery and then flash arjens p505 kernel i included here.

reboot.

You can host it many places online for free. Mediafire,rapidshare, etc.

I know arjen is dealing with family stuff but if you could share this than we all can have the fix until arjen gets back. Thanks!

rbross3030

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Any recommendations for someone like myself who absolutely NEEDS USB mass storage? I plug my phone into my car stereo's USB port every time I drive and that's where my music is coming from, can I flash an older CM7 or use MIUI instead and still have the same stability plus USB mass storage?

Thanks!

Edit: I am currently running CM7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-Kang on the unnameable's #8 kernel, pretty tired of various glitches I've encountered including shotty bluetooth pairing, black screen, just sorta tryin to figure out whats currently the most functional setup out there... wifi tether is also a must, currently using FoxFi so I can use proxy...

Last edited:

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Any recommendations for someone like myself who absolutely NEEDS USB mass storage? I plug my phone into my car stereo's USB port every time I drive and that's where my music is coming from, can I flash an older CM7 or use MIUI instead and still have the same stability plus USB mass storage?

Thanks!

Edit: I am currently running CM7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-Kang on the unnameable's #8 kernel, pretty tired of various glitches I've encountered including shotty bluetooth pairing, black screen, just sorta tryin to figure out whats currently the most functional setup out there... wifi tether is also a must, currently using FoxFi so I can use proxy...

If I'm not mistaken, the only issue with this kernel was no wifi, which I believe Arjen has fixed that but hasn't updated this kernel or his ICS kernel with the patches yet. I believe he's having some issues at home currently.

I cannot recommend any GB roms as I've forgotten the ones I've had success with since I started fooling aroung with ICS and JB roms. I can tell you with this kernel, since you have a Thrive, you will need the old baseband patch in order to have service.

Piccolo is a good ICS rom. It's here at ACF in this forum and it's by Arjen with his kernel so you won't need this one but you'll still need the old baseband patch. Then theres CM10 JB. I've been using it for almost a month now. USB mass storage worked on Build #3, so I'm assuming it works on the recent RC1 Build #4. There is a CM10 port specifically for the LG-P506 Thrive ;) Honestly I probably won't go back to GB, and maybe not ICS either :p

Reactions: rbross3030

rbross3030

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the only issue with this kernel was no wifi, which I believe Arjen has fixed that but hasn't updated this kernel or his ICS kernel with the patches yet. I believe he's having some issues at home currently.

I cannot recommend any GB roms as I've forgotten the ones I've had success with since I started fooling aroung with ICS and JB roms. I can tell you with this kernel, since you have a Thrive, you will need the old baseband patch in order to have service.

Piccolo is a good ICS rom. It's here at ACF in this forum and it's by Arjen with his kernel so you won't need this one but you'll still need the old baseband patch. Then theres CM10 JB. I've been using it for almost a month now. USB mass storage worked on Build #3, so I'm assuming it works on the recent RC1 Build #4. There is a CM10 port specifically for the LG-P506 Thrive ;) Honestly I probably won't go back to GB, and maybe not ICS either :p

Thanks so much for the info, Bill! As far as the CM10 port, are you referring to the JB release posted by Oathkeeper? His first post on that release thread says that camera and headphones are not working, among other stuff, is this outdated information? I'd love to give it a go if that stuff's been fixed.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes. However development has moved to xda-developers. Oathkeeper started this thread for Rashed who, if I'm not mistaken, is the official maintainer for the optimus one devices like yours, mine, and a couple other P5?? Devices by lg. Camera has been fixed except for a color glitch on the display but pictures are good.

Glad I could help. If there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer when I can as I'm a full time electrician. I'm a windows programmer too, when I have time.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

rbross3030

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes. However development has moved to xda-developers. Oathkeeper started this thread for Rashed who, if I'm not mistaken, is the official maintainer for the optimus one devices like yours, mine, and a couple other P5?? Devices by lg. Camera has been fixed except for a color glitch on the display but pictures are good.

Glad I could help. If there's anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer when I can as I'm a full time electrician. I'm a windows programmer too, when I have time.

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Oh okay awesome, thanks for the info I'll check it out! I gave Piccolo a go and it's pretty awesome thus far. Day 2 and it is very robust and fast, and highly functional in spite of its minimalistic UI! Being ICS it looks gorgeous as well... now I'll probably never go back to GB either ;)

Thanks again!