[ROM][ICS][4.0.4] Piccolo

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
icotestv3.png

What is Piccolo?

A lightweight rom based on ICS/CM9 source code, only the most necessary things are implemented.
It contains some functions from AOKP/CM9, like overclocking functions and lockscreen shortcuts.
More functions and own theme to be added.

Download
Dev-Host

Last edited:

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
i tried this last night,nothing wrong with it,just not my style. its like a race car,built only to perform, like you said. then i tried to go back to cm7.2, i got the dreaded fastboot softbrick thing.read the thread (from the banned one) and couldn't make it work. tried the xda link from that thread,but im not advanced enough to understand it. dont know where i went wrong,and i dont know where i finally went right, but i got back to piccolo, got into recovery, and after 4 hours i'm back on 7.2 stable. scared me pretty good, but its all back to normal now.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I have a thrive, if it matters to anyone. I didn't have color issues, and everything I tried worked, it just wasn't the rom for me.

XRAY72

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
2.6.35.7perf- thats what it says under "about phone". i think its raynes obb patch, but cant remember anymore. i gotta start writing this stuff down. all i flashed for piccolo was arjens link in first post.

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the same problem with cm9?
Guess you are talking about colorbanding?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello _Arjen_!!! :)

If I return to the TouchWiz UX 0.1.0 Bownz (CM9) I don't have the color issue...

Model Number: LG-P506
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband Version: LGP506AT-00-V11e-0-0-MAR-05-2011+
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.10-perf+cm9 arjen@lappy # 1 Wed Jun 13 21:31 CEST 2012
CyanogenMod Version: 9.0.0-BLUEPILL-HEPHAPPY-p506
Build Date: Thu Jun 21 13:18:49 EEST 2012
Build Number: TouchWiz UX 0.1.0 - Bownz

Thank you for your help!!!

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
If you are having color issues then you are on old base band. This is also indicated by the base band info in your quote. This build of cm9 uses Arjens kernel which is new base band. I'm on old base band using his rom and kernel with the old base band patch. Works great for me.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: AdictoDigital

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
If you are having color issues then you are on old base band. This is also indicated by the base band info in your quote. This build of cm9 uses Arjens kernel which is new base band. I'm on old base band using his rom and kernel with the old base band patch. Works great for me.

Thank you so much!!! :)

BTW: ?Where is the OBB Patch?

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Baseband should not effect the color... It should only effect whether you get Service or not. I shall check into what is mentioned above.

EDIT: Installed this version on my LG Thrive (P506) with nothing else, wiped everything, etc. And upon the first boot all colors were fine. No signal (that's where the old baseband fix comes into play.) But other than that everything worked. Make sure to wipe everything, and make sure your using this one, not the XDA version. I sometimes wipe everything before installing the rom, and after it finishes installing, just saying :)

Last edited:

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, been trying lots of roms, I couldn't install this rom on my P506. Don't have time at the moment. I will try it again when I get off work and report back.

Sent from my oc'd LG-P506 running ICS

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Arjen could you please edit your first post to show the differences in the two ROMs... and by that I mean what you left out of this ROM to make it smaller?

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
OK. I was right. I tried flashing this rom and the installation aborted with Status 7. I have an LG Thrive P506 on old base band.

I am currently running the P500 version of the unofficial cm9 with no catches.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463