[ROM][JB][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for LG-P505/506

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This current thread is fine, he can post whatever he figures out. >_>

I was gonna say that....Lol. It's pretty pointless to make a new thread when i could just change the post's and title and such :p
Oh yeah, so i accidentally did make clean (didn't know what i was thinking) and my whole build folder was cleaned :p So i'm building again.......
And the thread is in the hottest list! ;D

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, changed primary upload site to google drive, since i have 5 GB of free space ;) Dropbox will be second download area. Sent a PM to hephappy, seeing if he can help me with my error.

d10nt3

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna say that....Lol. It's pretty pointless to make a new thread when i could just change the post's and title and such :p
Oh yeah, so i accidentally did make clean (didn't know what i was thinking) and my whole build folder was cleaned :p So i'm building again.......
And the thread is in the hottest list! ;D

Well yeah I never thought of that xD whoops. but can't you just gather the stuff you dumped out of the trash bin on Fedora?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
This is fantastic. I think its great that our phones have gone from the forgotten bastard child of LG to a fully though unoffically supported member of the CM community. Im glad to see we finally got some good developers on this. I tried to help with the kernel builds but that was beyond my skill set and I got busy and didnt have the time to learn. So my hat goes off to all of you who are building these rom and kernels. When things finally get stableized I will try to do a write up on how to go from stock to fully ROMed for those out there that are completely new at this but right now there are so many variations and and version to choose from and no stable JB yet.

Reactions: AdictoDigital

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, changed primary upload site to google drive, since i have 5 GB of free space ;) Dropbox will be second download area. Sent a PM to hephappy, seeing if he can help me with my error.

I'm downloading the p506 source, And will be fooling with it myself. If you guys need anything, I can try to be of assistance. :)

Reactions: Oathkeeper1212

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
While I was at a funeral they tried to deliver Chipheads phone he donated to me.
I can pick it up monday, so I can test things fully again.
I'm glad Oathkeeper and Rashed got this far with a little help from me, sometimes I logged in to help them on fixing things, but they can do it themselves now.
I'm very proud! We have some new developers now for the Phoenix and Thrive!

snakss

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: [rom][cm10][jellybean][4.1.1][experimental][wip]

Thank you soooo very much. I really appreciate all your hard work. Keep it up. My Thrive is up and running Jellybean!

car350

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
While I was at a funeral they tried to deliver Chipheads phone he donated to me.
I can pick it up monday, so I can test things fully again.
I'm glad Oathkeeper and Rashed got this far with a little help from me, sometimes I logged in to help them on fixing things, but they can do it themselves now.
I'm very proud! We have some new developers now for the Phoenix and Thrive!

Arjen, once you receive your phone, will you keep your working on the Gingerbread kernel??

Sent from my LG-p505 using Android Central Forums

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been running the first P506 jb build since I installed it. Since my first post the only things I've noticed are Google Search crashes, on its own BTW, and ext partition is not getting mounted. Other than that, no issues. Will update if I stumble into anymore problems. :D

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Eagerly awaiting the next update.

It seems now the ext partition is getting mounted, as Link2SD allowed me to recreate my mount scripts. This happened after installing the Google Now update. Now I'm stuck on the bootanimation after rebooting so the system can mount the ext partition. Crap :confused:.
Gonna try a cache and Dalvik cache wipe. Maybe that'll help.

EDIT:
Wipe worked. Link2SD is now mounting ext partition :D:D
Strange tho. Had to enter into CWM and I got all kinds of errors from CWM. Couldn't load logs and log backups and something about being unable to unmount something, don't remember, but everything worked fine :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Oathkeeper1212

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Eagerly awaiting the next update.

It seems now the ext partition is getting mounted, as Link2SD allowed me to recreate my mount scripts. This happened after installing the Google Now update. Now I'm stuck on the bootanimation after rebooting so the system can mount the ext partition. Crap :confused:.
Gonna try a cache and Dalvik cache wipe. Maybe that'll help.

I've had that bootanimation bug with other ROMs. Try pressing the power button as if you are going to lock your device. It should lock and then it will perform normally.

Also, I think I may be able to fix the camera in the next build as well. Arjen directed me to the fix that was used with the ICS camera so now I'm porting it to JB :D

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm downloading the p506 source, And will be fooling with it myself. If you guys need anything, I can try to be of assistance. :)

Um, you might want to wait...
I'm going to finish p the Thrive source today.
It's still missing the Baseband fix :p
Once I do that, I'm going to build and see if the errors are resolved or not.
Hopefully I fixed Trebuchet and camera

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys, so rashed and arjen fixed my error, i guess it was caused by an idea from someome over at XDA to fix the size problem that we had on our first builds. so now that we got it going again, i hopefully will be able to get you P505 users a new build. I believe rashed should be building his next update as well, stay tuned ;)

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Ah finally, Thrive source is finally complete. (it may have an occasional error :p )
Yes, I may have fixed Trebuchet, the camera and the headphones. Or I may have fixed nothing....
Building now, wish me luck!

Reactions: AdictoDigital