[ROM][JB][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for LG-P505/506

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Something else...
Out of habit, I installed BusyBox. I know CM9/CM10 come preinstalled with their own versions. IBusyBox initially reported the CM9 version of BusyBox was installed in the system/xbin folder. Upon completion of the install, BusyBox reported that it had successfully installed but some information was incorrect and to try reinstalling into a different folder. I did that, but noticed that BusyBox was reporting that the system has 0.0 space free. Not sure if this is a BusyBox/Jelly Bean bug or a Jelly Bean bug. Pretty sure it isn't BusyBox itself cause I'm using the same version I've been using for some time now. Even with the errors, it seems the BusyBox binaries are working tho.

thushanth

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
p505 install good, e-mail service has stopped is annoying so i turned off e-mail in application services in settings. camera error? but the gallery has is ok i suppose. somehow the phone seems to work faster, browser is freaking amazing! that all i need messaging and services work thank you.

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Are we still going to support Jellybean, the devs on XDA Aren't for their P500.. *Sigh* It seems we'll never get it working perfect.

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Are we still going to support Jellybean, the devs on XDA Aren't for their P500.. *Sigh* It seems we'll never get it working perfect.

Yeah, i was reading. XDA Dev's are already giving up with jelly bean on the P500. We will try to get things working as much as possible, but if we can't achieve basic functionality then we will have to stop developing.......We will try our hardest though!

Reactions: AdictoDigital

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Most of the stuff isn't from our end. It's in the original CM code. They have quiet a few errors that need to be fixed and stuff to be added. If the devs there give up, I'll happily take over building for the P500 as well ;)

Reactions: AdictoDigital

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm here to say that I'm happy with the progress thus far.

As for the P506 Thrive version, I am happy with the way the rom is working now. No issues other than the ones I've already posted on. I've been running the first JB build since it came online.

Keep up the good work guys. ;)

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm here to say that I'm happy with the progress thus far.

As for the P506 Thrive version, I am happy with the way the rom is working now. No issues other than the ones I've already posted on. I've been running the first JB build since it came online.

Keep up the good work guys. ;)

Same here! But I'm running it to get logcats :p
OK I need a favor from everyone. Please download the app aLogcat from the Play Store and get me logcats.
The way you do it is just open the app, exit the app, reproduce the issue, open aLogcat, save the logs somehow, then send it to me: rashedabdeltawab@gmail.com

Bownz had the idea of trying the ICS Trebuchet on this build. I hope his idea works :p

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
They did not give up, they decided not to support it. For this rom we already use hacks they decided not to use and or support. We never know whst the future will bring. At first the same was said on cm9...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

jdub55

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just letting you guys know that you rock! Also, I'd absolutely love to help you with some of the code. The only issue is that I've only had 1 year of high school Java, which probably isn't going to cut it :p. But I'm happy to help test your builds, and report bugs.

Sent from my LG-p506 (running the amazing p505 ics rom) using Android Central Forums

Oathkeeper1212

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
2nd build for P505 done ;)
Uploaded, toggles have been added, and other various fixes to audio.
Ok i have no clue what i did but now the lock screen animation is working (not the off on animation, the actual lock).

Last edited:

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Same here! But I'm running it to get logcats :p
OK I need a favor from everyone. Please download the app aLogcat from the Play Store and get me logcats.
The way you do it is just open the app, exit the app, reproduce the issue, open aLogcat, save the logs somehow, then send it to me: rashedabdeltawab@gmail.com

Bownz had the idea of trying the ICS Trebuchet on this build. I hope his idea works :p

I'm kinda partial to the Go apps, launcher, contacts, SMS. So I'm not so worried about the launcher as I never use the stock one anyway.

One thing tho. A majority of the ROMs I've tried from cm9 didn't have a file manager. I backup my apks to my sdcard for ease of reinstallation so I don't have to redownload all of them. Is there anyway y'all can put a file manager in the ROM? I prefer Es File Explorer but Oi Filemanager works too.

Thanks again for the hard work guys.

@Rashed1997
I'll see what I can do about a logcat although I have no problems thus far. Any idea on the next P506 build ?

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Just letting you guys know that you rock! Also, I'd absolutely love to help you with some of the code. The only issue is that I've only had 1 year of high school Java, which probably isn't going to cut it :p. But I'm happy to help test your builds, and report bugs.

Sent from my LG-p506 (running the amazing p505 ics rom) using Android Central Forums

I have no "official" Java education. Nor do I have any other code education. Just open up some code and learn :) A good bok to learn Java with is "Java All-in-one For Dummies 3rd Edition"

I'm building again, think I fixed the launcher this time....

@bill.weckel: Yes perfect. But it could help if you put in the subject what error its from ;)
I understod yours though

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have no "official" Java education. Nor do I have any other code education. Just open up some code and learn :) A good bok to learn Java with is "Java All-in-one For Dummies 3rd Edition"

I'm building again, think I fixed the launcher this time....

@bill.weckel: Yes perfect. But it could help if you put in the subject what error its from ;)
I understod yours though

Sorry. I had no particular error. I sent it because I noticed that it contained errors already. I've had some other things turn up that I haven't mentioned cause I wasn't sure that they weren't incompatibilities between the apps an jb.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Even tho WiFi is working I think we may have a bug. Access point Mac addresses aren't being resolved to ssid names. View the attached screen shot. Notice the top line in the second widget from the top. It begins 00:00:00... The session name is supposed to be here. This error also duplicates with another WiFi app. The widget in question is from WiFi Manager.

Emailed a logcat to ya ;)

Last edited:

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ummm... For some reason, Google Now doesn't show up, nor does the search bar. Or maybe this isn't a feature yet?

Edit: Oh wait, just saw that it hasn't been incorporated yet.

Last edited:

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Already tried flashing that. Nothing happened.

Weird..... Can you send me a screenshot of your home screen please?

And I am pleased to announce the first 100% Thrive source code made ROM!!!
I finally finished the Thrive sources yesterday and I have a ROM now!!!
No need for BB fix or anything, just flash and go

Download: http://db.tt/mF8QLr1h

Fixes in this version:
-Ported Trebuchet to Jelly Bean WARNING: The ability to add app shortcuts to the home screens is currently causing issues. Please continue to use 3rd party launchers for now.
-Fixed launcher gird issues
-Headphones now work but the volumes is very low even on max
-Video playback is now reenabled
-Minor tweaks here and there :p

Please continue to send me Logcats if you encounter an error!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX