[ROM][JB][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for LG-P505/506

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
60f2e1c6-56ab-d26a.jpg

Here ya go. Nothing shows up in my app drawer, either.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Here ya go. Nothing shows up in my app drawer, either.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

Ugh, should have know :p
That's because it's using the default Launcher2 that the CM team maintains, not their new Trebuchet. The grid values are messed up in that Launcher2. My latest P506 build includes my ported Trebuchet version but it has issues which I am fixing right now. Once I get Trebuchet successfully ported, I'll upload to GitHub and Oathkeeper and Arjen can make the P505 builds

Also in today's build:
Fixed a few minor errors with the Gallery
Minor Java library tweaks
Trebuchet (hopefully) completely ported to JB

Reactions: AdictoDigital

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: My Trebuchet fixes didn't really do much... Gonna try again
However the CM team has released updates to the Settings, Phone, and MMS applications
Hopefully I can get the darned Trebuchet working...

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
OK I decided something
Trebuchet is sooooo horribly written that it will take me ages to port it fully to JB
So Arjen suggested making a whole new launcher, and that exactly what I'm going to do
Please welcome the Craft Launcher! (if anyone has a better name please tell me, I'm no that creative...)
Until I can finish it, I'm reverting back to the launcher with the messed up grid. I think I fixed the grid though
Also in my next build: Attempted to fix phone app force closing on boot
Updated Settings
Qualcom audio driver enhancements
Lots of minor tweeks

treblegni

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
OK I decided something
Trebuchet is sooooo horribly written that it will take me ages to port it fully to JB
So Arjen suggested making a whole new launcher, and that exactly what I'm going to do
Please welcome the Craft Launcher! (if anyone has a better name please tell me, I'm no that creative...)
Until I can finish it, I'm reverting back to the launcher with the messed up grid. I think I fixed the grid though
Also in my next build: Attempted to fix phone app force closing on boot
Updated Settings
Qualcom audio driver enhancements
Lots of minor tweeks

How 'bout Catapult. Simple and straight forward. Good luck with the build

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I dont mean to be all negative here and really im just asking, but with all the other launchers out there, is writing a whole new launcher the way to go? I don't know what all is involved in the coding, just wondered if it was more of a project than porting the old one.

_Arjen_

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It is easier to create a new one and adding needed functions.
Don't forget almost all launchers are just based on the stock launcher.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It is easier to create a new one and adding needed functions.
Don't forget almost all launchers are just based on the stock launcher.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks ... wasnt sure ... so basically he doesnt have to re-create it from scratch just basically port the stock launcher to our phones and add toys as we need/want them. I was thinking he had to start the whole process from scratch.

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks ... wasnt sure ... so basically he doesnt have to re-create it from scratch just basically port the stock launcher to our phones and add toys as we need/want them. I was thinking he had to start the whole process from scratch.

Exactly what I'm going to do :)
Porting Trebuchet is going to be a pain, so I'm just gonna port the stock launcher and add some Trebuchet features and such. Maybe even have custom labels and icons ;)
I like Catapult too, but I wanted to stay away from it because Trebuchet means catapult as well. But seeing that a few people like it, I'll go for it :)

failed1234

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Actually, catapults are very different from trebuchets. They do both fling rocks, though.

Sent from my LG-p505 using Android Central Forums

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Coming up later tonight:
New P506 build
Will include:
-First Appearance of Catapult
-Fixed Grid size (I swear it this time... If it's not fixed I'm gonna break something....)
-Phone app fixes (from the CM team NOT me :p )
-Frameworks fixes all over the place (again, from CM team)
-Camera fixes (from CM again)
-Probably quiet a few things I missed :p

d10nt3

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Coming up later tonight:
New P506 build
Will include:
-First Appearance of Catapult
-Fixed Grid size (I swear it this time... If it's not fixed I'm gonna break something....)
-Phone app fixes (from the CM team NOT me :p )
-Frameworks fixes all over the place (again, from CM team)
-Camera fixes (from CM again)
-Probably quiet a few things I missed :p

As soon as the camera is fixed I'll use this rom daily :3 Great work!

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Does the 506 build work on the 505?

Sent from my LG-p505 using Android Central Forums

Technically, yes. But you won't have any cell signal because it has the old baseband. If Oathkeeper and Arjen don't build tomorrow, I'll build a P505 build tomorrow :)
If this has all the stuff I mentioned, then I'm pretty sure both of them will be VERY anxious to try it themselves ;)

Also have I mentioned that Arjen and I spent a good part of today getting our ROMs on ROM Manager?
They will be available for download there to any Premium and Free users ;)
And the Check for Updates function should work as well, but only for Premium users

Also, I'm gonna try to get 25 dollars so I can put Catapult on the Play Store for users with other ROMs as well

Build almost ready!

Last edited: