How to get att apps out?

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The only way to get rid of the AT&t bloatware is to root your phone, then remove it.

for the Amazon app store go here Amazon.com: Appstore for Android Once you've downloaded the app store go into settings > applications and check unknown sources. Then install the file.

I could not find the "Unknown Sources" on my phone; ATT apparently has limited the menu options with this phone.

Ideas on what to do (i.e., changes to build.prop, etc.,) in order to reenable "Unknown Sources" are most welcome, as I would hate to have to use "adb push" from Command Prompt to appropriately mod my phone.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I could not find the "Unknown Sources" on my phone; ATT apparently has limited the menu options with this phone.

Ideas on what to do (i.e., changes to build.prop, etc.,) in order to reenable "Unknown Sources" are most welcome, as I would hate to have to use "adb push" from Command Prompt to appropriately mod my phone.

If you root, you can use the method under "sideloading for rooted users" in my sig.

Reactions: sd_matto

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you root, you can use the method under "sideloading for rooted users" in my sig.

Got it and did. Thanks to you for preparing guide (and to DroidXCon for pointing it out first in another thread).

This phone is cooking now.

All we need is:
1. modded recovery (to permit nandroid backups and custom rom flashes);
2. upgraded kernel (with proper tethering module, governors (including interactive), and speed stepping).
3. gingerbread. :)

That, and LG to help us out with a little source code love. :)

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
To delete att stock apps use your search bar on your phone type applanet.net when it downloads click on it install and search SystemApp Remover