Plantronics A2DP Bluetooth Noise Issue

smilia

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a LG Thrive (new Optimus from At&T). Since the LG Thrive thread is relatively new I thought of asking my question here.

My Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus (a2dp) headset doesn't work well with the Optimus. The voice is not clear and often I can hear a background noise. And the people I call also not able to hear me well at times. This same bluetooth device worked perfectly with my old phone (Motorola Karma).

Could my phone be faulty? Or do I have to change the bluetooth device?

Thanks in advance.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to be exact, I have a Plantronics Voyager 855, it also has a2dp, but I believe it is older than your Voyager Pro Plus. Anyway, it seems to work fine. I spoke with my fiancee with no problems on either end. I also played music and it was very clear. Worked better than my previous phone in fact. I have a very strong bluetooth signal from this phone, I can leave the phone in the opposite end of my house and it still delivers clear sound to the bluetooth device, which is pretty amazing. I'm not sure why yours isn't working well. I can't imagine that your Pro Plus is that much different from my 855.

Do you have a case on your phone that might interfere with the bluetooth signal? I have no case or cover on my phone.

smilia

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone replaced but I still have the same issue. Thinking of getting voyager pro (it doesn't have a2dp) headset. If anyone knows of any better (meaning excellent voice clarity for the caller and the receiver) headset that has proven to work well with Optimus please let me know.

Kamron, even without the case I have the issue.

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It strikes me as possible that the Thrive may not even have an identical Bluetooth antenna to the Optimus, although, I don't know for sure. At&t is gsm and sprint is cdma so obviously some of the radios and antennas are not shared between the two phones.

Sent from my Android tablet using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Moved to thrive section. You need people to test similar BT devices on the same phone. Testing on a different phone may not provide the same results (as above indicates).

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante