Does anyone know of a good place to get custom rom for this phone. im also looking to get gingerbread on it. i looked into cynogen but they don't support this phone. thanks
    04-29-2011 10:31 PM
    you need a custom recovery before you can think about custom ROMs. One hasnt been made specifically for this phone and I don't know if any of the others would work on this phone. You OC folks will have to figure that out or make one. If i had to guess, yes, one from a similar phone (find one with same key mapping) would work.

Process:
    Root
    Custom Recovery
    ROM
    05-01-2011 10:31 AM
    You OC folks will have to figure that out or make one. If i had to guess, yes, one from a similar phone (find one with same key mapping) would work.
    Which phone is likely to be more similar to the LG Thrive:

Optimus S (Sprint version)
    Optimus V (Virgin Mobile version)
    Optimus T (T-Mobile version)

Thanks for letting us know.
    05-01-2011 08:06 PM
    The optimus t looks like a ringer to me
    05-01-2011 09:04 PM
    I got the custom rom form optimus v and it didn't work.. now i trying optimus t rom.. it work but the only problem im facing is that the phone color is mass up .. its blue and black only. not other color i don't know what to do.. im going to google it see if i can find anything. i fallowed the instructions here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=942248. anyone knows what to do? thanks
    05-02-2011 02:43 PM
    I got the custom rom form optimus v and it didn't work.. now i trying optimus t rom.. it work but the only problem im facing is that the phone color is mass up .. its blue and black only. not other color i don't know what to do.. im going to google it see if i can find anything. i fallowed the instructions here. [DEV and ROM]ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5 + CyanogenMod 7 (gingerbread) - xda-developers. anyone knows what to do? thanks
    What recovery did you install to flash your custom rom? And, did the recovery do anything to your phone (e.g., swap buttons on bottom (like between Optimus V and Optimus S), or something else)?

Thanks for letting us know.
    05-02-2011 03:59 PM
    the boots are normal i installed optimus t ... it was cynogenmod.
    here how it looks

After installing a custom rom on my phone I keep getting this color problem with my phone. It's black/blue screen.

Can anyone help? Have you seen this happen? how can i get it it fix? Thanks

check the pictures out pictures
    sd_matto likes this.
    05-02-2011 05:04 PM
    I can't find anything about the problem I'm having.. Please help
    05-02-2011 11:11 PM
    Thanks for the pictures.

Images 6-8 look promising for a working CWM recovery for this phone (i.e., based on Optimus T Cyanogen mod). I have an inquiry into drellisdee (getitmarketingnow, I think is his other name) re: custom recovery for Thrive based on Optimus T custom recovery.

A couple of things that may impact making/using a custom recovery for this phone:

1. The partitions are in a different order for this phone than for other phones. For example, when I did my image pull of a clean, stock Thrive, I got the following mtd partitions:
    mtd0 = boot
    mtd1 = system
    mtd2 = recovery
    mtd3 = lgdrm
    mtd4 = splash
    mtd5 = FOTABIN
    mtd6 = FOTA
    mtd7 = misc
    mtd8 = cache
    mtd9 = userdata

The two (unexpected) partitions, as far as order goes, were system and cache; at least, they are unexpectedly located at mtd1 and mtd8, respectively, as compared to their respective locations on the Optimus V (i.e., mtd7 and mtd2, respectively, on Optimus V).

2. The Clockword Mod recovery you got installed is 3.0.0.5; current as of the original posting on the thread you reference, but dated as of today (where 3.0.2.8 is available).

Thanks again for being the guinea pig, and providing info.
    05-02-2011 11:19 PM
    I can't find anything about the problem I'm having.. Please help
    Do you get any error messages when you try and wipe /data or /cache from the mounts and storage submenu of your installed recovery? I am curious, because I found that when using an improperly configured recovery, sometimes the mount points referenced in a recovery are out of wack with the actual mount points (and thus create issues with improper wiping/formatting).

Having said that, though I am glad that you are willing to have your phone be the guinea pig, please be careful with what you do, as there is yet no source code for this phone (and no ability to build custom rom) and no way to get back to stock yet (due to lack of stable recovery and stable stock images).
    05-02-2011 11:22 PM
    So the source has been released for the Thrive and I also installed the CWM recovery and thus have the same color issues as previously stated. There is someone building a custom kernel for the Thrive in the xda forums. The thing is without a modified custom recovery. Flashing a new rom / kernel will have the same color issues.

Now if a new recovery is ported to the thrive will there be issues for those of us who flashed a optimus one variant recovery like myself?
    06-10-2011 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD