Gingerbreak?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with using gingerbreak on the P505/506? I have been reading around there seems to be two methods the rageagainstthecage exploit and the gingerbreak method. I'm still looking for the magic script/program to root that doesn't require me to go through line after line of code with the chance of bricking my phone.

naanu

May 19, 2011
Visit site
hey there...Yes gingerbreak works. I got it rooted using this method. Of course you cannot install the apk to start with because, it does not allow non amrket apps on a non rooted phone. So, use the manual gingerbreak method on the xda forum. Works like a charm.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with using gingerbreak on the P505/506? I have been reading around there seems to be two methods the rageagainstthecage exploit and the gingerbreak method. I'm still looking for the magic script/program to root that doesn't require me to go through line after line of code with the chance of bricking my phone.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I thought I saw that someone did it but I wasn't sure if it really worked or not. I noticed a number of people having some different issues in a thread regarding ROMs and I wasn't sure if the issues were with the ROM or with the rooting. I wasn't very excited about rooting my phone only to have the display go screwy on my. Any advice or words of caution? Also just to make sure yours did have 2.2.1 on it correct? If this works for me I will do a writeup on the steps taken for the P505 that way others don't have to guess at it like I did.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still a Noob at Android so if this post is common practice sorry. I just came across a program and I wondered if it would make it possible to use the APK directly. Apparently there is a program called Sideload Wonder Machine http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/ it bypasses AT&T's no nonmarket place apps issue from what I can tell. Seems like this would be the easiest way to use gingerbreak. I haven't been able to find the manual method on the XDA forum (may have missed it) so if it says something similar sorry.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so now that the phoenix/thrive has the 2.2.2 update which enables installation of non market apps. That being the case is there any reason why gingerbreak cant just be loaded directly using the APK?