android market force closes on my LG Thrive after root...

Bear29

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have recently rooted my phone using the superoneclick, rageinacage method, and using rom manager and their clockworkmod custom recovery version 3.1.....i have backed up my rom before installation...now gmail, gtalk, and the android market force closes upon selection, and flashes white and returns to the home screen. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, although i have tried factory reseting it, the privacy option in the settings menu also force closes after selection, so i cant do it that way. and the three button combo method leads me to the clockworkmod recovery where the factory reset doesnt changes anything at all. any solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciated.

hal-samti

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have recently rooted my phone using the superoneclick, rageinacage method, and using rom manager and their clockworkmod custom recovery version 3.1.....i have backed up my rom before installation...now gmail, gtalk, and the android market force closes upon selection, and flashes white and returns to the home screen. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, although i have tried factory reseting it, the privacy option in the settings menu also force closes after selection, so i cant do it that way. and the three button combo method leads me to the clockworkmod recovery where the factory reset doesnt changes anything at all. any solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciated.

That is strange. The way i did it was i backed up my rom with rom manager, then i used superoneclick 1.6 using rageincage method and then hit the button unlock non-market apps. And violla! No problems. Try going back to your old back up rom and re do the steps like me.

-Sam

Bear29

May 17, 2011
Visit site
i have reversed the steps in the process i guess..... went back to the back up and did that in that order, and still the same result. . pissing me off, im just going to take it back to the worthless att and get a replacement. screw it. lol. thanks anyways, brother...unless there is a fix out there.

hal-samti

May 5, 2011
Visit site
i have reversed the steps in the process i guess..... went back to the back up and did that in that order, and still the same result. . pissing me off, im just going to take it back to the worthless att and get a replacement. screw it. lol. thanks anyways, brother...unless there is a fix out there.

Did they even give you a free replacement? lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995