I have recently rooted my phone using the superoneclick, rageinacage method, and using rom manager and their clockworkmod custom recovery version 3.1.....i have backed up my rom before installation...now gmail, gtalk, and the android market force closes upon selection, and flashes white and returns to the home screen. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, although i have tried factory reseting it, the privacy option in the settings menu also force closes after selection, so i cant do it that way. and the three button combo method leads me to the clockworkmod recovery where the factory reset doesnt changes anything at all. any solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciated.
    05-25-2011 03:12 PM
    I have recently rooted my phone using the superoneclick, rageinacage method, and using rom manager and their clockworkmod custom recovery version 3.1.....i have backed up my rom before installation...now gmail, gtalk, and the android market force closes upon selection, and flashes white and returns to the home screen. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, although i have tried factory reseting it, the privacy option in the settings menu also force closes after selection, so i cant do it that way. and the three button combo method leads me to the clockworkmod recovery where the factory reset doesnt changes anything at all. any solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciated.
    That is strange. The way i did it was i backed up my rom with rom manager, then i used superoneclick 1.6 using rageincage method and then hit the button unlock non-market apps. And violla! No problems. Try going back to your old back up rom and re do the steps like me.

-Sam
    05-25-2011 04:15 PM
    i have reversed the steps in the process i guess..... went back to the back up and did that in that order, and still the same result. . pissing me off, im just going to take it back to the worthless att and get a replacement. screw it. lol. thanks anyways, brother...unless there is a fix out there.
    05-25-2011 04:48 PM
    i have reversed the steps in the process i guess..... went back to the back up and did that in that order, and still the same result. . pissing me off, im just going to take it back to the worthless att and get a replacement. screw it. lol. thanks anyways, brother...unless there is a fix out there.
    Did they even give you a free replacement? lol
    05-26-2011 12:05 AM
    GingerBreak work well for me to root my device. Not a problem.
    12-18-2011 10:35 PM
    I have not had this problem with mine. Is this becoming common? This is the first I've heard of it happening.
    12-25-2011 06:58 PM
    i need help with my lg thrive
    08-05-2012 12:14 PM
    thanks for the detailed information >. >

Sent from my LG-p506 using Android Central Forums
    AdictoDigital likes this.
    08-05-2012 12:57 PM
    What's wrong with it?

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums
    08-17-2012 07:15 PM