Gingerbread Update

kingv10

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The LG press release said it would be out last month, has it been delayed or is it not coming out for this version of the optimus on?

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Updates never come on time. But the phones are actually pretty close to stock android so the update should be out soon.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just chatted with LG which was a pretty useless conversation as it seems the forum members here know more about this phone than LG does. Here is the conversation:

Miguel: Hello Guest. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A.! How may I provide you with excellent service today?
Guest: just wondering if there is any official word yet on the promised release for the OS upgrade from froyo to gingerbread on the P505
Miguel: I'm sorry but there have been no releases regarding that, I'm afraid
Miguel: As far as I can see on the phone specs it works only with 2.2
Guest: is this something that will be released by LG or something AT&T will release?
Guest: no the phone specs will work with 2.3 as it is the same as the p500 which has 2.3 in several countries and carriers do far, according to an AT&T press release the Phoenix P505 was one of the phones slated for the upgrade to 2.3
Miguel: Actually no, those phones do not have the same specifications, I'm sorry
Miguel: Two different models for two different markets
Guest: aside for a flash and dedicated camera button yes they do
Guest: the p505 is a AT&T branded version of the optimus one (P500)
Miguel: I'm sorry you may be confusing the products, this device does not work with 2.3
Guest: Miguel I'm sorry but a simple search on the internet will show you that they do in fact have the same specs
Guest: I understand that you have no official word on this but seriously get your facts straight you work for the company that makes this phone you should know a little more about what your supporting

So with that said LG is either going to be completely quite on this one or Miguel just doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

I think our best bet for getting gingerbread may be the guys over at XDA. I think we need to start begging some developers for a custom ROM for the P505/P506.

wlfpck

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the LG Phoenix and Thrive will be getting the 2.3 update. This was announced in the At&t press release. I don't think that the update will be something that the lower tier of tech support would really know about since it has not been released yet.

As far as custom roms go.... there have been no development as far as I know in regards with the any custom roms being out. I know that for the LG Optimus One, Mik_OS is the port (I think) of Cynogenmod 7. However, this will not work on the LG Phoenix/thrive as far as I know. There seems to be very little interest in regards with this phone.

Our phones should be able to run the 2.3 update. It however will probably not be able to run ICS.