Firmware Update on the Phenoix released

lowdrewl

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have not rooted my device. Probably won't do so until after the official Gingerbread rollout.
Good plan, I rooted mine at 2.2.1 and now I am stuck on how to upgrade to 2.2.2 Its running really nice so I dont want to risk bricking it trying to get to 2.2.2. Thanks for the quick reply :p

giandeli

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Rooted phone (thrive @ 2.2.1) using information here, only to find out 2.2.2 is now out? Nice!.....LOL

Oh well. I dont think it will be that easy but if someone can post the update.zip file, how will that help? Im guessing if your rooted and use that update.zip your phone will be bricked! or perhaps I am new and just confused.

Is unrooting really as simple as deleting a couple of files as Dinlaca stated? I used used superoneclick 1.7 to root my thrive. I would like remove root, update to 2.2.2 and then re-root with gingerbreak if possible. Any help greatly appreciated :p
can u give me backup rom

giandeli

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Rooted phone (thrive @ 2.2.1) using information here, only to find out 2.2.2 is now out? Nice!.....LOL

Oh well. I dont think it will be that easy but if someone can post the update.zip file, how will that help? Im guessing if your rooted and use that update.zip your phone will be bricked! or perhaps I am new and just confused.

Is unrooting really as simple as deleting a couple of files as Dinlaca stated? I used used superoneclick 1.7 to root my thrive. I would like remove root, update to 2.2.2 and then re-root with gingerbreak if possible. Any help greatly appreciated :p
easy I an do it for you but could you pull the stock rom backup from clockwork mod recovery if you don't have it download rom manager and choose LG optimus one for recovery image boot into and then backup rom then pm me with it or post I really need it to boot up my phone and to unroot download gingerbreak them choose unroot

electech

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
easy I an do it for you but could you pull the stock rom backup from clockwork mod recovery if you don't have it download rom manager and choose LG optimus one for recovery image boot into and then backup rom then pm me with it or post I really need it to boot up my phone and to unroot download gingerbreak them choose unroot

Did you ever get anyone to upload it for you? I am looking for the same. I have a Phoenix and it seems that none of the Optimus One ROMs work on it. I also tried the Thrive ROM and it sort of works but the display only shows blueish colors.

n2alltheworld

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
FYI guys,

I have a rooted LG Thrive and I was able to update to 2.2.2 over wifi without any problems. After the update the phone is still rooted and you have to option to turn on non approve apps same as using the special dialer code. Not sure that 2.2.2 is really necessary to upgrade if you have already enabled non market apps with the dialer code.

Hope this helps

lowdrewl

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
FYI guys,

I have a rooted LG Thrive and I was able to update to 2.2.2 over wifi without any problems. After the update the phone is still rooted and you have to option to turn on non approve apps same as using the special dialer code. Not sure that 2.2.2 is really necessary to upgrade if you have already enabled non market apps with the dialer code.

Hope this helps
N2 thank you so much for your information, I am gonna try this on my GFs phone. LG Thrive 2.2.1 rooted. I thought I read some where u cant upgrade ROM over wifi?

giandeli

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
you still need the 2.2.1 rom? i can send u 2.2.1 rooted. i will backup with clockwork mod like u stated.
i fixed but thanks turns out kernels are different between the two btw there is a thread on xda called LG thrive source that has a stock deoxed rooted rom for the thrive not Phoenix.

srsbsnss

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
you still need the 2.2.1 rom? i can send u 2.2.1 rooted. i will backup with clockwork mod like u stated.
I need that backup if you're still willing to be so kind as to upload the zip. Trying to fix a friend's phone and it would make things much easier

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
How did you get rid of the att stuff. My phone is unlocked and not using their network. Also did you root yours?
Much thanks

If you want to get rid of the AT&T junk your going to have to root. From there you can chose to just freeze the AT&T bloatware or completely get rid of it. There are guides on how to do this and what is safe to get rid of, search around.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an R so I can't speak to that. I used Gingerbreak to root mine and it worked beautifully, but mine is an AT&T phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol