This is the easiest way to root the LG Phoenix / Thrive

sheaer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
HELP i downloaded gingerbreak to my sd card and icant use open it any ideas?

I have LG p505. I had rooted it then my dad was gonna put a rom on it and rooted it and I did root check says its not rooted downloaded Ginger break and it sets there for 10-15 minutes and doesent reboot if successful so need help plz

aznemesis

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'm freaking out. Hope someone can help. I finally decided it was "safe" to upgrade the OS and re-root. Now, I'm panicked. The update to Gingerbread was fine. I went through the steps here to root with SuperOneClick after the root. It told me it had successfully rooted. Now, the phone is screwed. I am getting constant--and I do mean constant--pop-ups telling me that the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. The phone is absolutely and completely unusable. I knew I shouldn't do this, since it was all working fine rooted under Froyo. Now, I'm just at wits end. Any ideas what to do?

UPDATE: I unrooted the phone. After doing so, I went in and uninstalled every root app I had, like Titanium Backup Pro, DroidWall, etc. These were not wiped out by the upgrade to Gingerbread, they just no longer worked. I then re-rooted. At first, I got the Emergency Mode thing and freaked out again. I rebooted the phone again, and that went away. Please make sure people know to get rid of all their root apps before doing the root process. Maybe there's something weird about my phone, but that's what seems to have caused it. Now, I've got to go re-install them. Just wanted to let you all know what I did to fix it. I didn't have any guidance, I just worked it out myself. If it saves someone else from the panic I felt earlier, it would be worth it.

Last edited:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm freaking out. Hope someone can help. I finally decided it was "safe" to upgrade the OS and re-root. Now, I'm panicked. The update to Gingerbread was fine. I went through the steps here to root with SuperOneClick after the root. It told me it had successfully rooted. Now, the phone is screwed. I am getting constant--and I do mean constant--pop-ups telling me that the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. The phone is absolutely and completely unusable. I knew I shouldn't do this, since it was all working fine rooted under Froyo. Now, I'm just at wits end. Any ideas what to do?

UPDATE: I unrooted the phone. After doing so, I went in and uninstalled every root app I had, like Titanium Backup Pro, DroidWall, etc. These were not wiped out by the upgrade to Gingerbread, they just no longer worked. I then re-rooted. At first, I got the Emergency Mode thing and freaked out again. I rebooted the phone again, and that went away. Please make sure people know to get rid of all their root apps before doing the root process. Maybe there's something weird about my phone, but that's what seems to have caused it. Now, I've got to go re-install them. Just wanted to let you all know what I did to fix it. I didn't have any guidance, I just worked it out myself. If it saves someone else from the panic I felt earlier, it would be worth it.

Actually I think it is an issue with the LG Dialer program when rooted I noticed the issues (not as bad as yours) a few times on mine and decided to switch out the dialer for Go Dialer and Go Contacts and I havent seen the issue since then. I honestly think the LG ROM wasn't really 100% before they sent it to us.

aznemesis

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem has re-occurred after several days of working just fine. I'm going to try your fix and switch out the dialer. See if it helps. I'm back to an unusable phone. When I un-root, it works fine. As soon as I root, it's messed up again.

UPDATE: I think I found the offending party. I have Root Call Blocker Pro installed. As soon as I check the box to allow it to block, I start getting the FC message. So, it's a specific app that's acting funny with Gingerbread on the Phoenix. It's putting the phone into Airplane mode. It didn't do this when I ran it on Froyo. It worked perfectly. Really sucks because that and DroidWall are my two "must have" apps.

Last edited:

RogerC55

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: I think I found the offending party. I have Root Call Blocker Pro installed. As soon as I check the box to allow it to block, I start getting the FC message. So, it's a specific app that's acting funny with Gingerbread on the Phoenix. It's putting the phone into Airplane mode. It didn't do this when I ran it on Froyo. It worked perfectly. Really sucks because that and DroidWall are my two "must have" apps.

tCallBlocking works fine on my rooted HTC Aria. You might give that a try if you haven't already.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

To fix this is simple but not always permanent but works every time and easy and risk free. This wasn't my idea just spreading word. You need to download SQLite editor off the market. Put the phone in airplane mode it will stop the error but may end up crashing the phone, its fine you will get through this.. Download SQLite editor (its a paid app but can be refunded if you do these steps quick). Once you have SQLite editor open it and let it load. Scroll down to "Settings Storage" and click that. Next click Settings.db-> then click secure->then scroll down and find the key "preferred network mode". Long press the key and delete it. Turn off airplane mode and within seconds you will have service and no errors. Hopefully this helped.

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
To fix this is simple but not always permanent but works every time and easy and risk free. This wasn't my idea just spreading word. You need to download SQLite editor off the market. Put the phone in airplane mode it will stop the error but may end up crashing the phone, its fine you will get through this.. Download SQLite editor (its a paid app but can be refunded if you do these steps quick). Once you have SQLite editor open it and let it load. Scroll down to "Settings Storage" and click that. Next click Settings.db-> then click secure->then scroll down and find the key "preferred network mode". Long press the key and delete it. Turn off airplane mode and within seconds you will have service and no errors. Hopefully this helped.

Edit: Sometimes the phone refuses to go into airplane mode during this bug. If thats the case just press OK on the error when it pops up and do your best to make it through the steps I mentioned. It will still stop the problem as soon as you delete that key.

Sorry for double post. Wrong button @_@ no sleep.

dbranham

May 31, 2011
Visit site
To remove any bloat ware go to market install titanium backup.This is the best and safest method but use caution when selecting what to uninstall.

dykeadellic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't exactly understand what froyo is. Can someone please explain that and how to get it? I'm new to this, but I want to root my Phoenix because all those apps that came with it take up too much memory. Grrr.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173