This is the easiest way to root the LG Phoenix / Thrive

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't exactly understand what froyo is. Can someone please explain that and how to get it? I'm new to this, but I want to root my Phoenix because all those apps that came with it take up too much memory. Grrr.
Froyo v2.2 is (was) the stock version of android that came on the phone. If you have done any updates to the phone this may no be true any longer you could possibly have Gingerbread v2.3(though not likely).

Okay, I used B for the first step, but it doesn't have an unknown sources test... what do I do?
If you enabled the unknown sources then you should be able to move on to the next step and just install gingerbreak and away you go.

can anyone tell me the steps to root a lg phoenix 505
I suggest you actually read the first post as that what the whole point of this thread is. I take you step by step through how to root your phone.

desilva

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Donavan - I really appreciate how you made it so simple for us to root our phones. I wish you would write a how to, so that we can take it further. There is so much information here that it gets very confusing. I for one, have a rooted Thrive with the LG update to Froyo 2.2.2. I'd like to get a stable gingerbread on it or even ICS if battery life and all work well. But all this new baseband old baseband stuff has just really puzzled me. Months ago I read everything but seeing as I really didn't know what I am doing I did nothing. I watched and waited like everybody for help. Now that Ajen has solved the problems, I am looking for someone to write a how to as easy to follow as your post "This is the easiest way to root the LG Phonenix/Thrive.

When you get some free time would you consider making a dummies guide?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Donavan - I really appreciate how you made it so simple for us to root our phones. I wish you would write a how to, so that we can take it further. There is so much information here that it gets very confusing. I for one, have a rooted Thrive with the LG update to Froyo 2.2.2. I'd like to get a stable gingerbread on it or even ICS if battery life and all work well. But all this new baseband old baseband stuff has just really puzzled me. Months ago I read everything but seeing as I really didn't know what I am doing I did nothing. I watched and waited like everybody for help. Now that Ajen has solved the problems, I am looking for someone to write a how to as easy to follow as your post "This is the easiest way to root the LG Phonenix/Thrive.

When you get some free time would you consider making a dummies guide?

I had actually thought about doing this for a while now but we had so many different possiblities that actually writing a how to for it would be a task of monumental size. However now that we seem to have a good kernel and ICS ROM I think I will undertake the task once I have had time to test out the kernel and ROM (just installed it yesterday as I was away from the scene for a while).

kyrealean

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
tried to download the file for 2.3.4 Gingerbread, it saves a 7 MB file but when I try to extract it. I get an error telling me that there is actually nothing in the file at all.

Very wierd. Is there another place to download the files?

AdictoDigital

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
tried to download the file for 2.3.4 Gingerbread, it saves a 7 MB file but when I try to extract it. I get an error telling me that there is actually nothing in the file at all.

You must use the Official LG Update Tool: LG Mobile Support Tool!!!

anc71

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I rooted last year, but after hard reset I losed wifi and root

screen_20120708_2325 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

screen_20120708_2326 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

screen_20120708_2328_2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ucantcjay

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
hello i have a few questions.. i have successfully rooted my lg phoenix.. however im not even sure why i did it b/c i have no clue what it really does for you..iv been told it gives you complete control of your phone..iv dont a lil research trying to figure the answer to my next few questions but i cant really find and answer so i figured i would just post on here and hopefully get some good feedback...now i have no clue about this stuff i just followed the steps in the #1 post and seen it worked and i had to superuser icon so i figure it worked..now my thing is my phone does not have service it was shut off months ago so i only use it when i have wifi and to play games and music and what not..this phone doesnt allow things like flash player and the install of divx wedplayer..so i was wondering if anyone can help me achieve this goal with my phone and it being rooted..lol or did i waste my time rooting my phone thinking i would be able to download and install w.e i want and it work for my phone haha

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
hello i have a few questions.. i have successfully rooted my lg phoenix.. however im not even sure why i did it b/c i have no clue what it really does for you..iv been told it gives you complete control of your phone..iv dont a lil research trying to figure the answer to my next few questions but i cant really find and answer so i figured i would just post on here and hopefully get some good feedback...now i have no clue about this stuff i just followed the steps in the #1 post and seen it worked and i had to superuser icon so i figure it worked..now my thing is my phone does not have service it was shut off months ago so i only use it when i have wifi and to play games and music and what not..this phone doesnt allow things like flash player and the install of divx wedplayer..so i was wondering if anyone can help me achieve this goal with my phone and it being rooted..lol or did i waste my time rooting my phone thinking i would be able to download and install w.e i want and it work for my phone haha

You are correct about rooting giving you full control over your device. For an unrooted android the user is just that, a user. For a rooted android the user is then more like an administrator. I myself have a Thrive not a Phoenix tho both devices are very similar. There is a hack for thunderg boards ( p500, p505, p506 ), that does allow for flash just not with the stock browser. In my opinion you didn't go wrong by rooting your phone. Hope I was of some assistance. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-P506

ucantcjay

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
You are correct about rooting giving you full control over your device. For an unrooted android the user is just that, a user. For a rooted android the user is then more like an administrator. I myself have a Thrive not a Phoenix tho both devices are very similar. There is a hack for thunderg boards ( p500, p505, p506 ), that does allow for flash just not with the stock browser. In my opinion you didn't go wrong by rooting your phone. Hope I was of some assistance. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-P506

tnx for the reply..yes you helped me a little bit haha but im still a newbie when it comes to thingsl iek this so anyway you could explain to me what i need to do in order to get this flash play you speak of?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
tnx for the reply..yes you helped me a little bit haha but im still a newbie when it comes to thingsl iek this so anyway you could explain to me what i need to do in order to get this flash play you speak of?

Please ask this in a new/different thread you will get more attention to your question being that Flash is not related to rooting directly. Thanks

saya01

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is the easiest way to root the LG Phoenix / Thrive [Froyo]

thank you so much that was so easy now i can delete borrowing apps thats i never use :D

Whyverne12

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

I finally did it! This senior citizen got tired of fighting to keep 20 mb free on my AT&T Phoenix and took the plunge. Now everything seems to be working and I got 80 mb loose. Thank you to all you fine young punks!

co8tim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure I did this right?? I have the 2.3.4 followed the steps, but at step 7 there was only one option "psneuter" I clicked root it ran, then I rebooted.
there seems to be no difference. I still can't move apps to sd card. do I need to do it again? Am I expecting something it's not capible of doing?
Also can't read the article at the blogtchblog link no longer availible.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

did superoneclick give you a success at the end? you may need to go thru the steps again.
download a root required app and see if it works. i rec titanium backup, or es file explorer.
if you using app manager that came with phone and are trying to move system apps, it wont do it. it may not let you move certain user apps either.

don't forget to thank the ones who help by hitting the thanks button!!!

co8tim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I think it did. I was able to download and use the Titanium app. Only able to back up though. Still can't move apps to sd. it does give me option to freeze, but does that free up internal storage? I'm not sure, don't want to mess up. The only reason I'm doing this is the small amount of storage this phone has. Like to be rid of the att apps that are useless. And they keep updating to make it worse. Anyway thanks for the help I'll slowly get this somehow.

LifesGoodPhoenix

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Tit backup freeze won't free up space, but if nothing acts up it should be fine to uninstall.

AvonOtter

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

You must use the Official LG Update Tool: LG Mobile Support Tool!!!

Sorry I'm late but wut wud LG mobile support tools app be used? Or the update tool? Not to extract a zip right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair