Internet connection wont work - G1

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
just wondering if anybody can shed some light for me. I got a G1 from someone to give to one of my other friends. She has a HTC HD2 that is messed up and keeps freezing. So I was trying to get her to use this in the mean time.

However we cannot get the internet connection to work on the G1. It works fine on the HD2 just fine though. I even did a HARD RESET, but it still does not register the internet connection. Just gives an error "cannot establish internet connection". Since the web never works, you can never finish the initial setup with the Google email account.

I think we will be able to take BOTH phones in to tmobile to get checked out, but I just wanted to see if anybody had any thoughts on why that might be happening or if its happened to anybody else here. THANKS!

Poehring

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
With that step it depends on the connection you are getting. Its trying to connect to the servers through either 3G or Edge. If you are trying in a spot that has crappy connection, you wont get it. Try doing that step in an open location (Grocery Store, Library) whatever, and see if it works that way. Also, It might still be trying to connect to YOUR account and so is conflicting with her information. You'll need to Hard Reset it and make sure HER sim card is in and not yours.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
You have to change your data plan. They don't use the same one. I switched from the hd2 to a mytouch slide. The data plan for the g1 is a google data plan that won't work with a non android device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1