tmobile g1 triangle with an exclamation point

millerd79

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
My friend gave me his old G1. The problem is every time you boot it up the triangle with an exclamation point comes up. I am not holding home + end key to make this happen. When It does come up I have tried home + back, alt + w, and camera + end. I have also tried 20+ battery pulls. The phone just will not respond. Any suggestions?

millerd79

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
going once, twice, .....hello android world.....someone anyone have an answer just anything so I don't think i'm talking to my self? hello?

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Umm take it to T-Mobile see if they can fix it. I think its bricked but idk if it is google how to unbrick. Also you can try a hard reset with the button combos but if its bricked i dont think itll work.

msnoodles

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same probem with my G1, when I turn it on there is a triangle with a exclamation point. What could be causing this and is there an fix?

land of the trill

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Well your finding out why he gave it to you and you can't unbrink the G1 yet. Try alt+L and wipe the device and reboot and if that doesn't work then the ROM might be corrupted and you should grab the 1.6 update from a site and load it on your SD and flash it to see if that resolves the issue.

tribalartgod

May 26, 2010
deadtearz.webs.com
What you need to do if you are stuck on this screen is to install the DREAIMG.nbh file. this will put you back to 1.0 STOCK FIRMWARE... From here, you can then manually update to CUPCAKE, then wait for the OTA to bring you back to DONUT.

If anyone would like these files, I have everything separated by folders, and step by step instructions for rooting and unrooting your G1 phone. THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FAR FAR FAR more detailed than what you will find online. It is literally click by click, button by button.

Just shoot me a message. I will send the link to individuals. If there is enough demand, I will post for everyone.

ilongbored

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I had this same exact issue. Every once in awhile I was able to boot up, but then the home button would act like it was being held down.

I was able to flash the recovery image, flash a new recovery, install Cyanogenmod (all with much difficulty) and I still have the same issue.

I would definitely try some of the other suggestions, they might work.

I was wondering is the issue is due to the ribbon cable between the main board and the screen. I'll be taking mine a part to see if anything looks odd, boot it back up. I'll get around to doing that in the next few days. If I find anything out, I'll get back to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888