G1, sd cards, and pc mounting

hououtate

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Greetings,

I seem to be having a fairly common problem; the G1 is not properly mounting the sd card to allow a pc to read it.

I have troubleshooted all of the hardware (Cables, usb ports, etc) and found them to be working. I have tried on several different systems and operating systems (Mac, Vista, Linux, Windows 7).

I have tried several different sd cards, all of them work fine in the G1 and can be read by the computer when using an adapter.

I have tried everything I know thus far to no avail. I should also say that I am very new to the android platform, so my knowledge of the system is somewhat limited.

I would like to find a way to get this to work, as taking out the sd card every time is cumbersome.

Thank you,
Albert Isaac

anon(697)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
When you plug your phone in the USB icon should appear in the notification bar - that means it's connected but not that it's mounted.

Drag the notification bar down then click on the USB Connected notification and will ask you to confirm the mount operation after which you should be able to access the drive.

To unmount drag the notification bar down again and click Turn Off USB Storage

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2