I cant receive or send mms picture messaging plz help

jjswagsoryte

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I cant receive or send MMS picture messaging. My friend to me that if you don't have a data plan it wont work. so is there a way i can make it work please i need help. if you know anything please email me. thanks

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Will not work without a carrier voice and data plan. No way around this. SMS is sent using voice, and MMS uses data to tack on the media.

rbchinchen

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
this is mostly correct, however it can vary by your carrier. contact your carrier for generic settings. add a new apn in the apn list of the wireless settings menu. then try to send one to yourself. this should hopefully get you going. what country and carrier?

tribalartgod

May 26, 2010
deadtearz.webs.com
Ok... On the G1, yes...you are supposed to have a data plan, while under contract. Once the contract ends, there are no rules stating that you MUST have a data plan, though it's kinda pointless to have a G1 without it.

There are currently no ways of sending and receiving MMS without a data plan, or without being charged for it.

On some android phones with T-Mobile, you actually have to send yourself 2 MMS messages to activate picture messaging. This is stupid, but I had to do it on my phone and all has worked well since.:cool:

StevanK

Aug 12, 2010
www.facebook.com
The only time that you must have a data plan on your account when having a G1 or any Android device through T-Mobile is to get it at a discounted price. Plenty of people use T-Mobile Android devices without a data plan everyday. If you are willing to pay full price for an Android device, or have found someone to give you or sell you one for cheap then you can actually use this device on your service without a data plan. Most Androids have WiFi which can allow you to use your home network as data to reach the internet without a data plan through T-Mobile.

As for the MMS messaging, your MMS messaging may not be working right now, this is because you are running without a data plan at the moment. If you call T-Mobile and ask them this, they ARE going to tell you that you need the data plan to send and receive MMS messages, but this isn't true. We are told to say this because we have to upsell our data plans, especially if someone is using a PDA/smart phone without one.

Keep trying to send MMS messages to and from your friends, try sending some to yourself. If they don't come through, they will soon enough. It's simply because right now T-Mobile is trying to locate your device on the network and they can't do so very easily because you are using it without a data plan. Once you are located on the network, everything should come in fine, except for data unless you are connected to a wireless network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz