G1 Update

cwmccarthy

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Just got an system update. Unfortunately just looks like a 1.6 update and not any new functionality. Got so excited it was 2.0/2.1 but then read the details :(. Still waiting for phone to restart.

cwmccarthy

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like only changes in the background. Nothing changed in the UI. Just a "Call Quality" update. I can't confirm that my Call Quality is actually better though. I have had problems in the past where I was told by the person on the other end it sounded like I was outside in a wind storm.

myandroid713

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I got excited too thinking it was some sort of update that would give us G1 users a better UI or something other than "call quality."

I agree with cwmccarthy. I can't tell that there's a significant change in my call quality.

cwmccarthy

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I was in a club this past weekend and had some strange stuff going on. During the show I stayed in one spot for a few hours and during that time my phone erratically switched from Edge, to 2G and even to 3G. But it didn't seem consistent. It seemed like everytime I checked the time or received a text I the network had changed. Even being in a club I would expect that if it did pick a signal up it would be consistent.....

bulwarkmalarkey

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
g1 1.6 update a disaster

posted this on the article comments too -

I finally took the upgrade this morning - WHAT A DISASTER! my home button doesn't work anymore, only the back button, hitting home does nothing, holding down home does nothing. The camera button doesn't launch the the camera, holding down the hangup key only gives me the option to power off, not mute the phone. the phone no longer locks - any keypress wakes it back up.

I hate having to rebuild my phone. :mad: Anyone know of a way I can submit a problem report to google?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC