LED notifications?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my G2 and was curious to add LED notifications onto texts... I can't find an option to do so, please and thank you

helmdawg

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can.. I just figured out last night though that the ring around the optical pad will pulse (white) when a message/notifications are waiting.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... damn, oh well at least there is a notification, I really just wanted something to tell me that I have messages, its kinda weird because there is an LED for charging but none for notifications. Hoping for a hack or fix of sorts?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

mao mao

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Try the app"SMS Popup" by "Adam K" (make sure you download this one and not the other) I think that might allow you to control your notification light (not entirely sure though haven't tried it myself on the G2, worked great on the G1 though)

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try the app"SMS Popup" by "Adam K" (make sure you download this one and not the other) I think that might allow you to control your notification light (not entirely sure though haven't tried it myself on the G2, worked great on the G1 though)
Didn't work, :( WHY HTC?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Its better than nothing. I rarely ever have the need to reboot. Its only a temp solution until we get true root.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
As of right now we still don't know if it is multi coloured enabled, it right now only emits green and orange, and that's only for charging.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Kyran

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I like the notification ring around the trackpad, but it only pulses once every ~eight seconds which makes it nearly worthless. I'm not surprised many G2 owners seem to think there's no notification light at all.

I fired off a polite, factual email to HTC support to see if there's some hidden way to get this to blink more frequently. Here's what they told me:
HTC said:
I understand how frustrating it is to have to stare at the device to wait for the notification light. Unfortunately, there is no way to change this setting through the settings that are currently on the device. You may want to search in the Market on your device for a third party application that may be able to change the frequency on the G2. Please be aware, HTC does not support any third party applications. Any support needed for these applications would need to be obtained from the developer of that application.
So.... I tried "Color Trackball" just for kicks and all that app was able to do was get it to glow. Frequency settings did nothing and obviously color settings don't work either. I didn't explore any farther than that.

Perhaps this hardware "rootkit" was actually in reference to the notification LED. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles