Overheating G2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
So I charge my phone on the factory charger provided in the box and after a few minutes my phone gets super hot.

I also notice that with extensive use (not on charger) it gets really hot too.

Does anyone else have this problem on their G2 and is it a concern?

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
With extensive use my G2 does get warm, not scalding hot but very warm nonetheless. Be aware that there is metal on the back, being warmed from both the battery inside as well as your hand outside, so that could be a factor.

I know most smartphones I've played with get warm after long periods of use and while charging, but seeing as this is the only Android device I've had I'm curious if this is common with the phone (or Android devices in general). If your phone is in fact SUPER hot however, that is definitely not normal.

pandabearian

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me today too. I put my g2 on it's charger before going to bed and when I woke up and the whole thing was hot. Setcpu said it was 55 celcius. I wasn't overclocking it or anything at the time and I had to restart it and it cooled back down. If yours got as hot as mine then it's definitely something to worry about. I just wish I knew why it got that hot

G

GenericMessage

So I charge my phone on the factory charger provided in the box and after a few minutes my phone gets super hot.

I also notice that with extensive use (not on charger) it gets really hot too.

Does anyone else have this problem on their G2 and is it a concern?

If by super hot you mean discomfort in holding the device, there is something wrong with it. Probably a fault in the battery causing it to over-charge (or re-energize the electrons too fast)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae