Save apps to SD card

Rra

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
What is the best way to go about saving your apps to the SD card? Or, maybe I should ask if it is even possible to do without root on the G2? If it is possible without root, is there an app to save apps to the SD?

Just got my G2, and this is my first android so it is a little bit of a learning curve.

Thanks

Frank_45

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings-applications-manage applications and click on the one you want to save on the sd carrd and it should have an option for it, but some applications don't allow that.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
What frank said but I'm not entirely sure in what you are asking. You can run apps from sd card which frank is pointing to and you may also backup and save apps to your sd card in order for you to restore your apps and data. Titanium backup and mybackup pro are great apps for that. Titanium will require root (just install and run visionary).

Not sure if that is what you were looking for but someone else may be so I figured I give this info as well.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
App 2 SD is a very easy way to move apps to the SD card. I also use, but have not had to execute the mybackup, but I hear is good for backing up your apps. But without App 2 SD you sort of have to go through each app as frank described to figure out which ones can be moved to the SD card, App 2 SD tells you upfront and allows you to move them from the app.

Rra

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, I got it done.

I would also like to do what legendary 1022 mentioned.... Do you know of a tutorial to run Titanium or Mybackup after a temp root or it is pretty straight forward... For that matter, I need to find out how to work visionary but I am pretty sure that will be easy to find. There seems to be a lot of info on visionary out there.

Thanks..

Bruce_

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
(lets say it is possible to move a certain app) does moving the app from your phone to an SD card affect the way the app works? i read somewhere that it causes lag or issues when using a moved app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674