"Integrated" Google...

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
After reading every major review that exists on the G2 and MyTouch 4G... I am still unsure of what device I will pick up this week. On one review comparing the two devices, I read that if you used Google applications heavily...then you may want to lean towards the G2. Many times I have read features about the G2, I have seen the term "integrated Google".

Now....both being android devices, I'm not sure how one could have Google more integrated than the other - but I am from the BB world, so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I am a heavy Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Voice user...and if the G2 somehow integrates better with these services as a review I read suggests, that might be enough to push me toward the G2.

Thanks for any feedback.

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The G2 is a "with Google" device. That means (quoting from Google) it has been optimized for use with google mobile services including Google search, talk, maps etc...

Now what does that mean for most users? Diddly squat except for the fact that this device runs stock Android, meaning no carrier or manufacturer skin. This does bring you one step closer to Google (or God if you will).

Personally I'm not sure how well this integrates services better than other not with Google devices, but it does mean God loves you slightly more. Don't you want God to love you? Wow I'm tired.... anybody really know any differences between a with and not with Google phone?

Edit- I haven't read too much on the new 4G but is it also a "with Google" device? Both the original myTouch and the Slide were "with Google".

Last edited:

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
haha - well the MT4G doesn't specifically say "with Google" and T-Mobile doesn't seem to stress it as much...but they both come with the same Google products permanently loaded (with the other bloat). What really threw me off was just the one review I read suggesting that the G2 was better for heavy Google users when I can't imagine one integrating better. I assume they stress it more on the G2 for marketing... Maybe T-Mobile's "with Google" phrase just means they've permanently installed every Google app...

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about it, go play with each before you make your decision. But I think your Google apps should be well supported regardless of the phone you choose.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski